PDA

View Full Version : Will Ofsted ever ring ...

Lainey Lou
04-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Hi there, I've been registered as a cm since Apr 08, I had a mindee for about 3 months and then had to give it up for abit, anyway in the Sept 08 just as I was about to give it up Ofsted rang me to set up my first inspection, so I basically told them that I wasn't cm any more etc etc. They were fine and just said to let them know when I start it up again.

So I started cm again in June this year and let Ofsted know that I have children on the roll again but the thing is they haven't called yet to set up my first inspection, I thought they would have been on the phone by now considering the fact that they wanted to come round last September? I just want to get it over with, its hanging over my head constantly. Do you think I should give them a call next week or should I just wait? Worried that for some reason it hasn't been put thru the system or maybe I should have written to them to let them know? What do you reckon I should do? :) XX

sarah707
04-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Not many people chase them I don't think!! :laughing:

If it is hanging over you and you want to get it done, then there's no harm in giving them a call.

They might have a backlog in your area which may delay things... but you can only ask! :D

CherryBlossom
04-09-2009, 08:21 PM
I would call them, at least that way you can get it over and done with..otherwise you might get a call in a month or two and only a few days or so to prepare!

x

Louise_Oaktree
09-09-2009, 01:08 PM
When this happened to me they said I had to let them know in writing, I emailed them on my first day back to minding and the inspector was sat on my doorstep when I returned from the school run later that day :angry: