PDA

View Full Version : parent notice boards!

lizzymoonshine
25-02-2008, 07:59 PM
hi all

very silly question i know, but i am just trying to prioritise what documents to put on the parents notice board, but, i would need a board the size of the kitchen walls to get everything on i want to!!

Just wondered what everyone else put on there's! :eek:

(2 weeks to ofsted visit!)

LittleMissSparkles
25-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I have a small notice board with cert, insurance, ofsted poster, multicultural calendar for the year and ratio planner on it, am hoping to get a bigger one to display some children work on but dont want to risk turning my kitchen walls into a school classroom !

xxx HTH xxx

good look with your inspection xxx

deeb66
25-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I have a noticeboard by the front door.

On it is

my Registration cert
First Aid cert
Public Liabilty cert
Complaints poster
Complaints booklet (Ofsted printout)

i also stick other things like

The parent page from NCMA
Any relevant Ofsted printout...I,e, Safe & Sound poster
Any other documents I think a parent should see.

Twinkles
25-02-2008, 08:03 PM
I put on there my reg certificate, my insurance,several OFSTED complaints posters ( just to make sure I've got the right one :rolleyes: ) ,my chart for who is with me and at what time, thats about it.

miffy
25-02-2008, 08:07 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with your inspection

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
25-02-2008, 08:08 PM
I have a noticeboard by the front door.

On it is

my Registration cert
First Aid cert
Public Liabilty cert
Complaints poster
Complaints booklet (Ofsted printout)

i also stick other things like

The parent page from NCMA
Any relevant Ofsted printout...I,e, Safe & Sound poster
Any other documents I think a parent should see.

oooops forgot first aid cert have that up to xxx

crazybones
25-02-2008, 08:10 PM
I have a display board. Thanks to someone recommending them on this site.
I have similar stuff to everyone else and have just laminated a piece of plain paper to use as a sort of whiteboard to draw peoples attention to different things and an interchangeable calendar that I downloaded from sparklebox. The children update it each morning. I am pleased with mine because it can be put away at the end of the day. The link for the display boards is http://www.ss-services.co.uk/ and type display presentation boards in the search box. I use one of the others to display work and posters relating to the subject we are covering that month.

Annie x

lizzymoonshine
25-02-2008, 08:41 PM
Thank you all for your help,

going to get organising!

:)

Kelly
25-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Lovely site Annie, I have already ordered the display boards (and a few other bits......)

Kelly

sarah707
25-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I have everything that Dee has plus a copy of my latest newsletter :D

HilaryT
26-02-2008, 05:53 PM
I agree with your comments about looking like we're living in a nursery, so what I've done is to make double-sided notice boards: cork boards hung with thick string, so at the end of the week I just turn them over, and lo and behold, all my summer holiday pictures are on the back for us to admire all weekend!

Hilary

Monkey1
26-02-2008, 06:04 PM
I have a display board. Thanks to someone recommending them on this site.
I have similar stuff to everyone else and have just laminated a piece of plain paper to use as a sort of whiteboard to draw peoples attention to different things and an interchangeable calendar that I downloaded from sparklebox. The children update it each morning. I am pleased with mine because it can be put away at the end of the day. The link for the display boards is http://www.ss-services.co.uk/ and type display presentation boards in the search box. I use one of the others to display work and posters relating to the subject we are covering that month.

Annie x

Ooooh i like those! Thankyou x

Heaven Scent
26-02-2008, 07:22 PM
Annie 37 I cant find the item you are on about could you be a bit more specific I might be a bit dim. It sounds like a great idea and something that DH might be happier with than having all these things stuck all over the walls.

Celine

deeb66
26-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Annie 37 I cant find the item you are on about could you be a bit more specific I might be a bit dim. It sounds like a great idea and something that DH might be happier with than having all these things stuck all over the walls.

Celine

They are C96 Display Presentation Board

crazybones
26-02-2008, 07:34 PM
My latest moveable display is my number line is attached to a piece of string by pegs as the numbers are on items of clothes - therefore clothes line. The string is attached to eye hooks and can be removed at the end of the day. More drilling for hubby but at least he doesnt have to look at it at the end of the day whilst watching TV. I wish I was clever enough to post a pic as I am quite proud of it.:blush:

Annie x

sarah707
26-02-2008, 08:04 PM
I wish I was clever enough to post a pic as I am quite proud of it.:blush: Annie x

If the pic is on your computer, just go to reply to the post, go down under the reply box and you will see 'manage attachments'. Follow that link, find your pic and it will load up...

That worked for me the other day and I've never done it before! :D

crazybones
26-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Thank you Sarah. I will try that in the morning but the wine is kicking in now and if I start fiddling with my laptop God knows what damage I might cause. :laughing:

Annie x

miffy
26-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Like the display board thanks

Miffy xx

Tily Bud
26-02-2008, 08:15 PM
If the pic is on your computer, just go to reply to the post, go down under the reply box and you will see 'manage attachments'. Follow that link, find your pic and it will load up...

That worked for me the other day and I've never done it before! :D

Thanks Sarah xx

Heaven Scent
27-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Thanks for that will take a look tomorrow,

Celine

Annie_T
27-02-2008, 09:41 AM
as im waiting to reg i have been putting together a folder with all my documents in them, and told i have to have reg cert, first aid and food hygiene cert on show in working hours.

but i not 100% sure .. ofsted will inform me i guess

hope you sort it out hun