PDA

View Full Version : Last minute research please help!!!!!!!!

Harryblackdog
04-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi Everyone

Just some last minute research questions to cross reference with my other findings. My report has to be in on Monday. I won't have to bother you much more.

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think?

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc?

How many hours do you work each week on average?

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area?

No need to go into great explainations, one word answers will be very much appreciated if you can spare the time!

Thanks a million

Jan

watgem
04-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi Jan I've childminding for 5 years, no network in my area, average hours about 30 in termtime more in school holidays, average charge in my area is between £3.00-£3.50 per hour hope thats ok good luck:)

Roseolivia
04-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Hi Everyone

Just some last minute research questions to cross reference with my other findings. My report has to be in on Monday. I won't have to bother you much more.

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? nearly 3years

NCMA
How many hours do you work each week on average? 42

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? £4

No need to go into great explainations, one word answers will be very much appreciated if you can spare the time!

Thanks a million

Jan

Hope this helps

rainbowmummy
04-09-2009, 03:34 PM
Hi Everyone

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think?

Jan

2 and half years. I only seem to know people who are just starting out (upto two years) or those who have been minding for 10yrs plus.
I am a member of the NCMA and also our local childminders network
45hrs a week
I have no idea!! I charge £3.50 and I think this is about average but most people I know charge this or less.

Princess Sara
04-09-2009, 03:35 PM
I have been minding 3 months. Other minders I know have either been minding 10+ years, or less than 3.

I am not. My local authority have my details and send me information, but I didn't want to pay £5 just to join them as the only extra I would get would be advertisement on their site, of which I don't really need atm! I am in my local network though.

So far 3 full days a week, will be 5 days in September, 7am-5:30pm 3 days, 7:30am-6pm 2 days.

£3.50 edging it's way to £4 which I will be increasing to in the new year.

Hope it all goes well and you get the grade you want!

Hebs
How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? almost 8 months

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc? NCMA

How many hours do you work each week on average? 60+

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? £4 per hour

PixiePetal
How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? Nearly 15 years

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc?NCMA

How many hours do you work each week on average? 30 (if I can get some more mindees, that is average term time) Had all term time lately but normally same in hols

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? £4

christine e
04-09-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi Everyone

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 18 years.

NCMA, local childminding group and county childminding assoc

Would think £3 per hour

Thanks a million

Jan

Hope this helps

Cx

madasahatter
04-09-2009, 03:48 PM
Here are my answers-

How long have you been minding? 12 years

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc? NCMA member, LA network and local childminding group

How many hours do you work each week on average? approx 45 hours currently

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? locally most charge £3/hour, I charge £3.50 (and I'm full)

Hope this helps

sarah707
04-09-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi Everyone

15 years

Local network

4 days plus before and after school Friday

£3.50

Thanks a million

Jan

Hope this helps! :D

fionamal
04-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Hi Everyone

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 3 years

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc? SCMA

How many hours do you work each week on average? 45hours

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? £4.25

Thanks a million

Jan

Hope you do well in your reports

caroljayne
04-09-2009, 04:24 PM
I have been minding for 17 years.
I am a member of Devon Childminding Association, my LA network and local childminding group.
£3.50

loocyloo
04-09-2009, 04:26 PM
How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 6 yrs as a childminder - i know some newly registered, and others who have been doing it 20 years!

belong to NCMA, my local childminding group and am in process of being networked

How many hours do you work each week on average? 50hrs!

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? between £3.50 & £5.00

good luck!

Pipsqueak
04-09-2009, 04:42 PM
Hi Everyone

Thanks a million

Jan

Hi ya

Ok this is my 2nd innings as a minder - so in total I have been on the go for 5 years

Member of NCMA and local Childminders Group. I am a Support Minder and an inclusive network minder (also doing the 2yr piliot scheme) and also 'lead practitioner' on ECAT

I work about 30 hours per week plus another 10 for support and other stuff mentioned

Average fee in area £3.50

sdean
04-09-2009, 04:43 PM
How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 18 months

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc? ncma, local childminding group, LA network, Accredited

How many hours do you work each week on average? 55 hours

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? £3.50

Chatterbox Childcare
04-09-2009, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=Harryblackdog;517782]Hi Everyone

16 years

I am a member of NCMA, a network and accredited

55 hours childminding plus 10 for paperwork

£3.85

Thanks a million

Helen79
04-09-2009, 04:58 PM

1 year

no, looking to join the network soon

33 minding, loads more for paperwork

No idea of local fees, I charge £4 an hour including all meals

nannymcflea
04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Hi Everyone

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 4 years

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc? NCMA,NETWORK,ACCREDITED

How many hours do you work each week on average?40 over 4 days

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? £3-£4

Thanks a million

Jan

Hope this helps,good luck.

Angela234
04-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Minding 6 years

Local cm group

45+ hours a week

Local fee's £3.20 - £4.80 an hour

Alibali
04-09-2009, 05:33 PM
Minding 3 1/2 years

Member of SCMA and local childminding group

I work 47 hours a week

Most cm's here charge a daily rate of £25 - £28.00, and 15 - 20 for a half day.
Before school £3.50 and after school session £10.
Not many use an hourly rate.

Good luck with your report.

miss mopple
04-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Minding 6.5 years
Belong to NCMA and local network
I work 55hrs a week
Local fees around £3.75 per hour

rickysmiths
04-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Hi Everyone

Thanks a million

Jan

1. 15yrs

2. NCMA for 15yrs, now Chair of Regional Forum, Surestart Network, local Childminding Group

3. 55hrs a week + paperwork and Training

4. £4.50-£5 per hour

margimum
04-09-2009, 06:36 PM
18 YEARS
NCMA and local network
55 hours plus training and paperwork

£3.50 - £4 per hour:)

teacake2
04-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Minding 25 years
Accredited Network Minder
45+ hours
£3.00 per hour
Teacake2

The Juggler
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
5 years in November.

NCMA, was member of network til didn't exist any longer.

I work 37 -39 hours per week minding plus at least 2 hours of paperwork.

Anywhere between £3.50 and £5.50. I charge £4-£4.50

Good luck with your research project!

Bitsy Beans
04-09-2009, 07:20 PM
How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think?Been registered since March 2009, actually had a mindee for last 6 weeks

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc? Member of NCMA

How many hours do you work each week on average? 8 hours a week

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? between £3.50-£4.00

HTH (sorry got to type some more as my message is too short!)

janiefear
04-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Hi there, I've been minding 6 years. Am a member of NCMA, was a member of Network but now they are open to accredited minders in Staffordshire and am in the process of setting up a local childminding group. I work about 30 hours a week at the mo, the average fee round here seems to be about £3.00 - £3.25.

Playmate
04-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi Everyone

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 16 years

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc? NCMA

How many hours do you work each week on average? 50

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? £3.50 - £4.50

Thanks a million

Jan

Good luck with compiling your research!

her8y
04-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Minding 3 years
Belong to NCMA
I work 40 hrs a week
Local fees around £4 - £4.50 per hour

flora
04-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi Everyone

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 8yrs

How many hours do you work each week on average? 25 HOURS ONLY DO AFTER SCHOOL

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? APPROX£3

Thanks a million

Jan

Good luck with your research:thumbsup:

chewy sweets
04-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Minding for 3 months
Member of the ncma
work 40 hours per week
charge £4 per hour!

mandy moo
05-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Hi Everyone

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 15mths

Ncma

How many hours do you work each week on average? At the mo 24hrs mon-wed

No idea I chg £4 per hour a couple other minders in the village £5 - 5.50 one CM £2.50!! dont know about the others

Thanks a million

Jan

In response to your question

buildingblocks
05-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Everyone

How long have you been minding? The average is supposed to be five years what do you think? 6 years

Are you a member of any Childminding organisations, NCMA , LA networks etc?NCMA and a local NCMA childminding group

How many hours do you work each week on average? at the moment 21 hours - 3 days but have done 90 hour weeks before working 6 days and overnights

What is the average childminding fee per hour in your area? £3.50

Thanks a million

Jan

Hope that is of some use to you