PDA

View Full Version : should I or shouldn't I?

flora
25-02-2008, 07:56 PM
I have a mum who recently upped her hours so that 3 days a week R started at 2pm not 3. Was a bit of a rush to get ready but said ok as this was supposed to be long term 'ish. She texts me today at 12.30pm to say that I wasnt needed today and that the only early start is now Friday. I have already planned my week on the old hours, do I charge accordinlgy or just alter and invoice for the hours that she now wants???
Does this make sense??
Thank you :)

LittleMissSparkles
25-02-2008, 07:59 PM
did she give you written notice that she wanted to change her hours with you ??? if she did then I would bill her for the hours and request 4 weeks written ntice of her changing hours back , she cant mess you about like that x HTH x

hello kitty
25-02-2008, 08:05 PM
I agree, I will only change hours with 4 weeks notice.

Sarah :)

flora
25-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Now you see, that it where I am really absolutley useless!!! I have it written in for holidays and parent time off, but the two parents I have normally just ask if it is ok and if it is I say yes :blush: Neither of them are mad keen on the official side of the paperwork, it's all I can do to get the reg signed periodically.

I think some of that, has to do with the fact I only mind pt. I work on our farm in the morning and then mind after school and after 2pm if req'd. I find it hard with the time I have to come up with all the possible situations that may arise and then when they do I have'nt planned for them, does that make sense???

miffy
25-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Oh dear the down side is now they have changed their mind and most likely do not expect to pay and if you don't have the extra hours in writing then you can't charge them.

Maybe it's time to rethink this and have a chat with the mums

Miffy xx

flora
25-02-2008, 08:20 PM
Oh dear the down side is now they have changed their mind and most likely do not expect to pay and if you don't have the extra hours in writing then you can't charge them.

Maybe it's time to rethink this and have a chat with the mums

Miffy xx

I think the phrase that applies here is ... " you live and learn" and boy am I learning alot being on here. It's like a college for cm's :D

hello kitty
25-02-2008, 08:23 PM
I think the phrase that applies here is ... " you live and learn" and boy am I learning alot being on here. It's like a college for cm's :D

I agree, I think you've got that exactly right!!!!!

Sarah :)

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 08:25 PM

I will second and third that and possibly even fourth it!!:D

You most certainly do live and learn and I love this place....:D

Blaze
25-02-2008, 08:28 PM
& I will fifth it!
Tasha:D

miffy
25-02-2008, 08:29 PM

I agree!!!! :laughing:

Miffy xx

flora
25-02-2008, 08:38 PM
The nicest thing as opposed to "real" college is that...... I am nice and warm, I only have a few feet to walk to put wood on the fire, I have the dog laying at my feet. I can have a wee or a drink when I like, and best of all no travelling and no need to book hubby to baby sit!!!! How cool is that :D

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 09:24 PM
And of course the BEST company in the whole wide world at your fingertips!!!:D

sarah707
25-02-2008, 10:17 PM
And of course the BEST company in the whole wide world at your fingertips!!!:D

We are nice aren't we!?! :D