PDA

View Full Version : payment by a university

gailee
04-09-2009, 06:47 AM
Hi i'm hopefully having a parent (student) paying thru her university ! Has anyone been paid by uni how do they work it out?? I've turn down work yesterday i'm full :( and i'm still looking for a assistant no luck yet :panic:

wellybelly
04-09-2009, 06:49 AM
I work for a student nurse - the uni pay her each week (we had lots of form filling to do prior to her starting) then she pays me cash each week. Great arrangment, no problems.

mushpea
04-09-2009, 07:05 AM
I've been paid by a collage before, its monthly and i had to fill out a form with times and prices then send a invoice each month and they paid my via cheque each month with no problems.

littlesprogs
04-09-2009, 10:13 AM
She will be paid by student finance into her bank account then its up to her to pay you. Her being paid by student finance wont affect you because student finance pay her and then she pays you its basically like tax credits.

The only thing i will say is that student finance dont pay out until they have confirmation she has enrolled at Uni (this is done in freshers week) so if she is a first year student her payment for september may be awkward because she wont get it until a few days after she has started.

I am starting Uni this year so know this from experiance i have had to save up for septembers payment myself because i knew i wouldnt get septembers payment on time from student finance.

HTH

TheBTeam
04-09-2009, 12:22 PM
I have a trainee social worker student and i had to confirm what the estimated costs were going to be and then reconfirm at the end of the period that they were as stated previously. They pay the parent 80% usually and it is up to the parent to pay you.