PDA

View Full Version : number of minded children

kerineve
25-02-2008, 06:16 PM
What happens if you have your full qouta of children and a mum becomes pregnant and wants you to care for new baby as well? can you increase your numbers to do this or have to disappoint.

Kelly
25-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I am in exactly the same situation, I am going to apply to Ofsted for a variation citing continuity of care as the reason. I did ring Ofsted and they said they did look kindly on these requests providing I did not care for any children (other than my own son) in the 5-8 age bracket.

littlestar
25-02-2008, 06:22 PM
i think i depends how many you are reg for at the min i think the max is 6 im only reg at present for 4 and can reapply if i feel i want more sorry if this is no help someone will come along soon and help you im sure:)

Rubybubbles
25-02-2008, 06:51 PM
I think it would depend on the ages of the children you looked after and hours you had them. But with Ofsted anything is worth a try some times the're not all bad:laughing:

miffy
25-02-2008, 06:55 PM
You really need to approach Ofsted for a variation - you will need to show how you will be able to meet the needs of all the children eg transporting them feeding sleeping etc

Others who have applied will be able to give you more help

Miffy xx

berkschick
25-02-2008, 07:04 PM
You need to apply to OFSTED for a variation.

But bear in mind that they will never allow anyone to care for more than 6 under 8, no matter what the situation.

sandy
25-02-2008, 07:36 PM
Hi,

I was given a variation recently.

The inspector did it on the spot on her laptop during my inspection. One of my mums is expecting and wants babe to start with me, full time, in Sept but I already had promised a new mum the baby place, also to start in sept ( both babes will be 5 months then ).
Inspector allowed me 2 under 12 months as long as I didn't have more than 3 under 5yrs.
I think normally you have to write to them with details of what provisions you will make, what you are aware you need to do etc- how you will cope basically.
Stress the "continuity of care" issue and hopefully you will be ok

Best of luck

Sandy :thumbsup:

Banana
25-02-2008, 07:58 PM
Just wanted to say good luck with your variation request!

I would get it in as early as possible

xx

LittleMissSparkles
25-02-2008, 07:59 PM
good luck for variation x

deeb66
25-02-2008, 08:04 PM
From what you have said you will probably be granted a variation

Good luck

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
26-02-2008, 08:31 AM
Good luck I have applied for two variations in the past and they have been granted I will be applying for another one soon as I am pregnant so will be over my numbers.

Let us know how it goes.

Lorraine xx

kerineve
26-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks for all your replies, it is the care commission i deal with so am not sure they as open minded as ofsted but am goin to ask, thanks.:jump for joy: