PDA

View Full Version : First ever school run as a cm 2moro!!

Lainey Lou
03-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Hiya, yes 2moro is my first ever school run as a childminder!! Abit nervous and dreamt last night that I took a wrong turning and drove the car into a ditch on the way to school!! Yikes it was a relief to wake up! Anyway, the school run is for a 7 year old boy drop off Mon to Fri and pick up just 2 days a week and will have him until 5.30pm, just want to ask you experienced ones is there anything I need to do/tell him ie. do you go thru house rules with them and where the exits are if a fire etc? Just want to do it properly and make sure I have everything covered. Any tips? :) xx

estrelas
03-09-2009, 07:07 PM
On my first morning I done a quick tour with her, bathroom, fire exits etc, On the walk to school talked briefly about safety etc

Its exciting isn't it? Remember my first morning I was all proud lol

Good luck xxx

LittleMissSparkles
03-09-2009, 07:30 PM
it will all come naturally Im sure, you will be brilliant dont worry xxx

The Juggler
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
It will. I still get new school year nerves every year, returning to school run after 6 weeks off, especially if new children. After a day it's like you've never been away (or in your case like you have been doing it forever!)

Good luck.

x

mississmoomoo
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Good luck for tomorrow! Im sure it will all go fine.

I dont have my first mindee school run till Wednesday and its going to be a real military operation as I have my eldest to drop off at high school first :eek: then my 9 yr old and a 7 yr old mindee to take to primary school :eek: :eek: and taking my 20 mth old and a 2 yr old mindee along for the ride!:eek: :eek: :eek: :phew:

I have to say though I am really looking forward to it, I love a challenge, just as well I bought my Zafira after all!:laughing:

sarah707
03-09-2009, 09:00 PM
I always worry I'll forget one! :laughing:

It's not happened yet but as ds just reminded me, I'm not getting any younger :o :D