PDA

View Full Version : learning journals

russell
03-09-2009, 04:30 PM
when a mindee moves onto another setting full-time ie nursery or school do we pass the learning journeys on to parents, setting etc and if so what do we keep to show we did these journals to ofsted etc.anybody help thanks

Pauline
03-09-2009, 04:41 PM
when a mindee moves onto another setting full-time ie nursery or school do we pass the learning journeys on to parents, setting etc and if so what do we keep to show we did these journals to ofsted etc.anybody help thanks

If they are still with you before and after nursery I would still keep the learning journey books and add to them. If they leave altogether then I plan to give them to the parents, but before that I will photocopy some of the info which I feel shows Ofsted that I know what I am doing, and save it in case I don't have many children at the next inspection.

Hope that helps. :)

I will just move your post to minding chat as you will get more response there (this section is for problems with the forum :))

sarah707
08-09-2009, 07:08 PM
I have been told in the past that inspectors only want to see paperwork for current children... and if the child is no longer in the Eyfs then they are not interested in their learning journeys etc...

I don't know how true that is and we all know inspectors are different :D