PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Lessons

aly
03-09-2009, 03:51 PM
Hi

I have just signed my 2 boys up for swimming lessons but I had a choice of times either 4-4.30 or 5,30 but mindees get picked up at 5,30 and there is no way dad can get here before as sually 9 times out of 10 he is late anyway....so have opted for the 4-4.30. Do you think it would be ok to take mindees 9 & 7 with us?

it is only for half an hour but travellign and getting changed will take longer. The only thing I'm not sure about is during the time of changing what to do with them.....Jake is 7 nearly 8 so he will sort himself out with lew I can take him in with me but the mindees cannot come in obviouslyand I dont think they have communal rooms.

It's not like it will be every week as si works every other wednesday and the boys are on shifts so it may only work out 1 or 2 times a month???

??
thanks

sarah707
03-09-2009, 06:42 PM
The 7 year old must be in your sight or hearing at all times... can you manage that?

The 9 year old is ok so long as he is sensible I would think. Does he have a DS or something?

I'd check with your insurance company to make sure you are covered if you can't take the children into the changing area with you.

Also I'd make sure to get watertight written permission from parents explaining timings / who is doing what / where the children are / who can be seen and heard... etc.

Also you wouldn't be able to take on any children from the younger years age group during those times as you would struggle to show Ofsted you are meeting their needs in a swimming baths waiting area...

Hth :D

aly
03-09-2009, 09:08 PM
The 7 year old must be in your sight or hearing at all times... can you manage that?

The 9 year old is ok so long as he is sensible I would think. Does he have a DS or something?

I'd check with your insurance company to make sure you are covered if you can't take the children into the changing area with you.

Also I'd make sure to get watertight written permission from parents explaining timings / who is doing what / where the children are / who can be seen and heard... etc.

Also you wouldn't be able to take on any children from the younger years age group during those times as you would struggle to show Ofsted you are meeting their needs in a swimming baths waiting area...

Hth :D
Thanks sarah.

I will have to work around how to do this. together they are a pain in the neck lol. Maybe I should have done the later time but also thinkign why should my 2 give up their social lives etc.....

thanks again

x

sweets
03-09-2009, 09:14 PM
could you not take them in for a swim instead of them watching?

aly
03-09-2009, 09:42 PM
could you not take them in for a swim instead of them watching?
No chance!

I wont be going in myself they will both have their tutors. I wll be sat with mindees etc it's just when it comes to changing coming out.!