PDA

View Full Version : Are Ofsted trying to be more clear to us?

clorogue
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I am sure this post has come up somewhere but I can't find it! I have had a letter about new judgements and new inspection book and a fact sheet. The fact sheet seems to clarify lots of points about what we do and don't need to do (eg what to have in writing). I would appreciate people's comments on this and do you think it is more clear to us? Thanks!

moogster1a
03-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi,
This appears to be it. Looks perfect and means I don't have to worry about written plans etc. Can just wave a copy of this in Mrs. Ofsted's face!!

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Requirements-for-written-documents-childminders-delivering-the-Early-Years-Foundation-Stage-EYFS

misst104
03-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi,
This appears to be it. Looks perfect and means I don't have to worry about written plans etc. Can just wave a copy of this in Mrs. Ofsted's face!!

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-Requirements-for-written-documents-childminders-delivering-the-Early-Years-Foundation-Stage-EYFS

Think I will print that off and keep it handy for forthcoming inspection!!! :thumbsup:

xxx jo

clorogue
03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
It just seemed to clarify so much all in one go - I must admit I have in place written documentation which apparently i don't need! I get the feeling that there is so much confusion and frustration from childminders - i think they are having to do it!!! :clapping:

sarah707
03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
If you read reports on the Ofsted website you will see that inspectors have not read this paperwork.

There is still an expectation that you are clearly showing the child's progression of development through individual and group planning, observations and assessments etc.

Also if you don't do this, you will not be complying with the statutory (legal) requirements of the Eyfs... so be very careful before throwing your paperwork in the bin!

Hth :D

clorogue
03-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Thank you Sarah, really value that information but that is beyond belief! To receive this information relieved me for what I had got in place (I wasn't going to throw it away!). But surely if people do, this paperwork that has just been sent to us is proof what is expected - even if the inspectors haven't read it!!