PDA

View Full Version : what do you buy mindees for Christmas?

andreaschildcare
03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone!

Im after some ideas please!! I know its early but we are away most of December before they break up as we are off to snowy Lapland!

Thanks

RachelE
03-09-2009, 12:16 PM
It depends on their ages really.

I only had 2 LO's last year and got them a cheap book each (shopped around - Instore, Home Bargains etc)
Year before I had older ones and got them cheap art sets.

I see it as more of a token present rather than a big thing - children get far too muh at C'mas!

Twinkles
03-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Last year I got personalised PJ's from Studio Cards. They were only about a fiver and the children loved them.

FizzysFriends
03-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Im not sure I'm buying them anything this year as they were ungrateful last year!!!

sarah32
03-09-2009, 01:02 PM
I bought my 3 mindee's a wooden chair each from ace catalogue which has their name engraved on them.

Dont know if Ill go that far this year as none are full timers anymore.:(

fionamal
03-09-2009, 01:08 PM
I normally get them all Jammies and a selection box but this year they are all parttimers so think it will be a book and selection box as I have 11 of them.

madasahatter
03-09-2009, 01:52 PM
books from the school-link magazine or from the bookpeople online if nothing suitable in school-link. I spend about £10 per mindee.

loocyloo
03-09-2009, 02:28 PM
a selection box and something little, usually a craft kit, or a book for the LOs.

its not too early, i keep an eye out all year round for suitable christmas & birthday presents!

x

marian
03-09-2009, 02:48 PM
Last year I got personalised PJ's from Studio Cards. They were only about a fiver and the children loved them.

I did this too!

Marian x

~Chelle~
03-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Im not sure I'm buying them anything this year as they were ungrateful last year!!!

You could get them a book on manners! :laughing:

I hate buying kids presents who are so ungrateful for them.

I brought the brother of a LO a present last year for his birthday (I dont look after him as he is at school and mum is a TAthere), he opened it and said "I hate Ben 10", his mum snatched it off of him and gave it back to me and told me to give it to someone who deserved it!

It is his birthday tomorrow - and guess what he will be getting....NOWT lol:laughing:

little chickee
03-09-2009, 02:50 PM
You are all making me feel really mean cos i don't buy my mindees a christmas present. they are all part time but i just don't feel its neccesary they get plenty from their own families. Baa humbug!!

Shivvie
03-09-2009, 04:12 PM
I did this too!

Marian x

Me too! :)

aly
03-09-2009, 04:14 PM
You are all making me feel really mean cos i don't buy my mindees a christmas present. they are all part time but i just don't feel its neccesary they get plenty from their own families. Baa humbug!!

lol I was also thinking this!! :p

wendywu
03-09-2009, 04:46 PM
I did the PJs from Studio cards as well and the older ones had tops from Pineapple.

My full timers i spend about £15.00 on and the part timers about £8/10. BUT i do get fab pressies back from most parents.

FizzysFriends
03-09-2009, 04:53 PM
You could get them a book on manners! :laughing:

I hate buying kids presents who are so ungrateful for them.

I brought the brother of a LO a present last year for his birthday (I dont look after him as he is at school and mum is a TAthere), he opened it and said "I hate Ben 10", his mum snatched it off of him and gave it back to me and told me to give it to someone who deserved it!

It is his birthday tomorrow - and guess what he will be getting....NOWT lol:laughing:

Some of them think its their right to get presents off me and I think it isn't!

I would have given the child the same book until he said thank you!

Twinkle
03-09-2009, 05:02 PM
I got personalised Noddy stories for my lo's last xmas, they loved them. The older ones got books too. It great when they outgrow them, they give them back to me for my library :-)

I do make more of a fuss of them when it's their birthdays though. Any excuse for cake!!:jump for joy: