PDA

View Full Version : what do you buy mindees for Christmas?

andreaschildcare
03-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Hi everyone!

LittleMissSparkles
03-09-2009, 01:12 PM
I buy them a book each and take them to the pantomime for their christmas present from me :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
03-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I like the pantomine idea :)

I've been buying odd things in the sale all year, like games/jigsaws things I know they will like usually about £3.

buildingblocks
03-09-2009, 03:39 PM
I buy the under 5's a book and over 5's some craft item. I try to spend around £5 per child but struggled last year so think I may have to up it to £6 each.

I don't buy any Easter or birthday presents like some cms do.

nannymcflea
03-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I usually buy one of the sets of books from the Book People so they got 3 books each and it cost me £10.:D

I buy a toy for birthdays,usually get these in the January sales.:thumbsup:

The Juggler
03-09-2009, 06:16 PM
I buy the under 5's a book and over 5's some craft item. I try to spend around £5 per child but struggled last year so think I may have to up it to £6 each.

I don't buy any Easter or birthday presents like some cms do.

I aim for £5 too but last year it ended up around £6-7/each and I also have several December birthdays so it got very expensive. I'd like to buy a voucher each but now Woolies has gone I'm lost.

Was thinking of pooling the money and sponsoring a zoo animal or something - need to look into the cost though.

Chimps Childminding
03-09-2009, 06:32 PM
June and I buy things in the sales through out the year. This year they all have books. Got a bag with about 10 story books in for £4 in The Works earlier in the year. So some of the older lo's (age 3/4) are having those and younger ones we will get board books for! Schoolies either get books, craft things, or older girls are now getting to the age where they like jewellery, smellies etc.
Usually try and stick to approx £5 per child!

Dom's Mam
03-09-2009, 09:46 PM
I take them on the Santa Special on the North Yorks Moor Railway it costs £10 and they get to travel on the train, visit Santas Grotto (on the steam train), get a pressie (age related) from Santa, and back at Grosmont station a drink of juice and a biscuit in the Marquee. The pressies are brill and the whole steam train thing is great for the kids, everyone is given the chance to take photos with santa and his helpers.. my mindees love it!!

LittleMissSparkles
04-09-2009, 08:16 AM
I take them on the Santa Special on the North Yorks Moor Railway it costs £10 and they get to travel on the train, visit Santas Grotto (on the steam train), get a pressie (age related) from Santa, and back at Grosmont station a drink of juice and a biscuit in the Marquee. The pressies are brill and the whole steam train thing is great for the kids, everyone is given the chance to take photos with santa and his helpers.. my mindees love it!!

that sounds like a great day x :thumbsup:

Mollymop
04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
I buy them something all for £5 each. I think I will get them all a book this year, as it#s easier