PDA

View Full Version : im now registered for overnight

hayleychildcare
03-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Ive gone and done it....... Now registered for overnight care :panic:

Although im glad i have it im hoping nobody wants to use it :laughing:

I dont do mornings after a full night sleep god only knows what state id be in after a screaming baby all night :eek:

jaja
03-09-2009, 12:11 PM
fantastic, was it easy to get registered for over night care and is there anything that you have to have to get it passed? been thinking about it for a while now xxx

hayleychildcare
03-09-2009, 12:22 PM
all i did was send letter to osted saying where they would sleep and a copy of emergency escape plan and that was it. easy peesy :clapping:

wellybelly
03-09-2009, 01:18 PM
How much would you charge for overnight care? I'm thinking about doing it.

Tam's Tribe
03-09-2009, 01:22 PM
I am also thinking of registering for overnight care . . . thought you had to get the fire services in first . . .

hayleychildcare
03-09-2009, 02:58 PM
No i didnt need fire service, extra bedroom, or even proper beds (just got air beds) and Ofsted said all this was great.

Ive got idea about how much to charge. I was thinking maybe £30 - £35 a night what do you reckon???:thumbsup:

Pudding Girl
03-09-2009, 04:02 PM
Up here in Scotland there's a huge raft of fire regulations that need to be met for overnight care and you may need a fire inspection. I did look into it when I first regged but decided it was too much faff. No-one has ever asked about overnights anyway so... :)

Hayley, will you restrict your numbers or something in the daytime otherwise you could be working 24/7?

Tam's Tribe
03-09-2009, 05:42 PM
No i didnt need fire service, extra bedroom, or even proper beds (just got air beds) and Ofsted said all this was great.

Ive got idea about how much to charge. I was thinking maybe £30 - £35 a night what do you reckon???:thumbsup:

I am gonna go for it . . . mentioned it to a new parent this afternoon (her child will come to me mid September when she starts Uni) and she said that when she is qualified she was worried coz she wasnt sure what she would do with her daughter on nights (she is a single mum) when she starts shift work.

Thanks for the push Hayley!!! And the advice, I thought you would need a separate room, etc.

Lovies
Tam
x