PDA

View Full Version : Overnight stays

cryingbaby
03-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Hi everyone, Im wanting to become a childminder and was just wondering what extra you have to do for overnights? My friend works nights so when Im set up it would be nice to have some extra money coming in. Do I need a spare bedroom or can I move my daughter into mine while they stay? Thanks

margimum
03-09-2009, 03:25 PM
Sorry no idea as I like my evenings to myself!! bumping you up :)

geordiebunny
03-09-2009, 09:20 PM
It depends on the age of the children as over 8 if they are opposite sex should have there own bedroom but the main thing is to have mains operated smoke alarms, that was what I was told when I enquired.

bongywongy
08-09-2009, 10:52 AM
The following points from the EYFS statutory framework relate to the provision of overnight care

“Safeguarding and promoting children’s welfare”, p 24

“Should have regard to what additional security measures may be necessary where children stay overnight”

“Suitable people”, p 30

“Must notify Ofsted of particulars of any proposal to change the hours during which childcare is provided which will entail the provision of overnight care”

P32

“For childminders providing overnight care required ratios continue to apply. The children must be close by and within easy hearing distance (this may be via a monitor)”

“Suitable premises…” p34

have regard to “where children stay overnight it may be appropriate for the fire safety officer to inspect the sleeping area”

p35

“Where children are staying overnight they should each have a suitable bed or cot and clean bedding”

P36

“There should be adequate washing and toileting facilities for children who stay overnight”

P53 (glossary)

Defines overnight care “for the purposes of this document, where a child spends the majority of the hours from 8 pm to 6 am with an early years provider”

Hope this helps

mama2three
08-09-2009, 11:57 AM
when i had my prereg mrs O just said to make sure i had included overnight care on my fire plan , and risk assesments. they need their own bed , but that can be your dd's. then just clean bedding etc. My overnighters , should they appear , will borrow ds's bed and he would go in with his brother. Probably never get anyone overnight but thought i might as well register for everything at the same time!.