PDA

View Full Version : Moving Home

mississmoomoo
03-09-2009, 08:26 AM
I have just started childminding this week and I am moving in 6 weeks and have informed Ofsted. They have said I cant childmind at the new house until I have done a risk assessment and sent it to them, and an inspector has been out and I have recieved a new certificate in with the new address. Im panicking a bit as Im not having a break in minding while we move. It will all be done on nights and on a weekend and then back to work on monday.

has anyone else moved? How soon was it all sorted for you?

RachelE
03-09-2009, 09:46 AM
Mine was fairly quick - although I wasnt really desperate, so didnt notice as much.

I didnt have an inspector come out, so that saved time. ( I have been minding for 6 years, so that might have made it easier?)

I just sent a RA to OFSTED with a covering letter. It might be worth trying to do it beforehand, especially if you have a good idea of the room layouts etc.
They might start the process beforehand, so you have the letter in time.
- Let them know how important it is to have it start on a certain date.

Good luck,
Rachel.

mississmoomoo
03-09-2009, 12:37 PM
Mine was fairly quick - although I wasnt really desperate, so didnt notice as much.

I didnt have an inspector come out, so that saved time. ( I have been minding for 6 years, so that might have made it easier?)

I just sent a RA to OFSTED with a covering letter. It might be worth trying to do it beforehand, especially if you have a good idea of the room layouts etc.
They might start the process beforehand, so you have the letter in time.
- Let them know how important it is to have it start on a certain date.

Good luck,
Rachel.

Thanks for that, they have sent me a form to complete for it so I will complete it as soon as I have it. The layout is practically the same as the one Im in now and Im only using downstairs so Im hoping they wont need to come out. x

Rubybubbles
03-09-2009, 12:50 PM
they will come out if you haven;t had an inpcetion yet sorry:)

I move all the time as hubby RAF!! I do a detailed RA and floor plans showing fire routes ect and mark as URGENT!!! I moved on a Thursday in May and was working again by the Tuesday! (only moved a mile:rolleyes: )

I was told because of my inspections and no issues they didn't need to come out. They do have a long chat over the phone with me though! I move again in Feb/March:rolleyes: and I think they may even come out as I would have moved 3 times in 18 months:laughing:

CherryBlossom
23-09-2009, 12:38 PM
It has taken ages for me to get registered and I am still waiting-but it has worked out for the best in the end as i move this weekend..so I would have been in the same boat as you.

Hope you can get it all sorted quickly and without much disturbance from your work!

x