PDA

View Full Version : 1st day with mindee and he can't come cos he's poorly

claireodon
03-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Just feeling a bit jittery this morning cos its supposed to be first full day with a 6 month old baby but mum rang to say he has been sick in car (and also during night but she was still bringing him to me :eek: ) so I can't have him until Monday now. Anyway, its concerning me that I haven't yet got a signed contract in place - despite me asking for it - she was meant to be bringing it today. As far as I am concerned, she will be eligible for fees for today and tomoz but just worried in case she says she doesn't want to pay and just put off start date instead. Think I'm gonna ring her later and raise the issue of money...:panic:

Sarahjlonguk
03-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Hi
Is there a deposit or advance fee that you can take it out of. I hate talking about money to my childminding parents, if she is aware of the sickness fee before taking a place for her child I'm sure there will not be a problem, after all if she doesn't pay then she could lose her childs place with you.

Chase up the contract, I get mine done before they come to me using Ofsted as an excuse to get all the paperwork done..... "I have to have the paperwork up to date as I could get a visit from Ofsted and I could get into a lot of trouble". It works!

Hope it works out ok

mississmoomoo
03-09-2009, 07:38 AM
hi there,

I have just started and instead of her taking the contract to fill in, you should fill it in while she is there and agree times and fees while shes there. I did it when my mindee came for a visit prior to starting, and once she was happy we went through fees etc and I completed the contract while she was there and both signed it and gave her a copy of it. The only thing she took was a child record form and permission form to complete and return when she starts.

I would ask her to come a bit earlier to have time to go through the contract, because until thats done there is nothing that you can do.

Hope it works out

x

Ripeberry
03-09-2009, 08:31 AM
Well, just tell her that until you have the contract and permissions in place then you can't have the child for more than 2hrs a day (if it's settling in)
If she is nervous about signing the contract because of the legalities of getting out of it, what about getting hold of or making up a 28 day short-term contract so she can try you out first and then she can sign the full contract?
Just make sure she knows that she will need to pay ALL fees up-front.
I take a deposit when contracts are signed and use it against the time that they use me for, then send them the first bill.

claireodon
03-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Well, I rang her earlier to discuss money and I made sure she was aware that she would be charged for these 2 days sick, which she seemed ok about. Have also emailed her an invoice and told her I would agree to payment on Monday when she drops off and I would need the contract otherwise I couldn't legally mind him. Tbh this has been a cock up cos it was my first proper enquiry and I have done things in the wrong order with contracts, etc. She is the only parent I have given the contract to - with the others that have come round since I have sat them down and filled it in with them. Just gonna see what happens on Monday now...fingers crossed she brings the contract and the money or else I'm not minding him :)