PDA

View Full Version : Got my first mindee :-)))))

BeckenhamCM
02-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Hi Guys,

Just had to post and share my wonderful news. I only got my certificate last Friday and over the weekend I joined and put my information on childcare.co.uk and also on netmums. Ive not used either of those sites before and as a result I got 2 enquiries from netmums and 1 from childcare.

I had to turn one down as the school pick up they wanted wasn't possible, but the other 2 enquiries turned into visits earlier today. I still haven't heard back from the first visit but the second visit called me within 15 minutes of leaving to say that they wanted me to have their little girl from October :-)) They are coming around in the next week or so to sign contracts etc.

I'm very excited, can't quite believe it still !

Ash xx

mumof1
02-09-2009, 10:00 PM
well done, hope all goes well :thumbsup:

Angela234
02-09-2009, 10:03 PM
Thats great news :clapping:

maybe your'll hear from the other one soon as well

Goatgirl
02-09-2009, 10:10 PM
That's great news: such a quick result!! good for you :) Hope it all goes well and you fill the other places quickly too :clapping:
best wishes,
Wendy :)

Tinglesnark
02-09-2009, 10:29 PM
yeay! :clapping: go you!:jump for joy:

Bendy
03-09-2009, 06:33 AM
Congratulations Ash:clapping: I also live in your area and it is good to hear the responses you have received. Best of luck:clapping:

OoopsyDaisy
03-09-2009, 06:38 AM
Aw thats great news, well done. I am also on Childcare.co.uk and got one of my possible mindees through them, although still waiting on a definite go ahead!

Its a really good website...I love the way you can look who has looked at you!

Well done, best of luck with it all. Amy x

grindal
03-09-2009, 06:39 AM
Fantastic news and a very quick result :clapping: Well Done

singlewiththree
03-09-2009, 06:45 AM
Fantastic, well done. :)

fucshia
03-09-2009, 05:15 PM
Thats really good!! :clapping: My first mindee started today part time. I have had other people enquire by phone and e mail but it hasn't gone any further.

sarah707
03-09-2009, 06:31 PM
Well done you! :D

RachelE
03-09-2009, 06:34 PM
Well done you :clapping:

Hope you hear back from the other one too.

Good luck :thumbsup:

elainerut
03-09-2009, 06:36 PM
ah thats fab news i remember the first call i had and how excited i was good luck:)

Tam's Tribe
03-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Aw thats great news, well done. I am also on Childcare.co.uk and got one of my possible mindees through them, although still waiting on a definite go ahead!

Its a really good website...I love the way you can look who has looked at you!

Well done, best of luck with it all. Amy x

Me too. Registered with Childcare on 31/8 and today parent called and it is almost 99% I will be looking after her daughter from October . . . it will be my first under 5 . . . I am also excited . . . it is a fab website . . .

:clapping: Yah to all of us!!!!

emler
03-09-2009, 06:44 PM
That's great news - well done :clapping:

Demonjill
03-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Thats so fab!!

Well done and fingers x with the other one and future mindees

mississmoomoo
03-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Me too. Registered with Childcare on 31/8 and today parent called and it is almost 99% I will be looking after her daughter from October . . . it will be my first under 5 . . . I am also excited . . . it is a fab website . . .

I have just registered there after reading this thread. I also had a nosey at what other childminders were charging, I was really suprised to see some were charging as little as 2.50 per hour! Is anyone else charging this? I charge £3.75 per hour which I think is reasonable.

BeckenhamCM
03-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Wow, well done to you too xxx

angeldelight
03-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Well done everyone

Angel xx

Cazz
03-09-2009, 11:35 PM
Congratulations!! :jump for joy:

CherryBlossom
05-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Well done!

I registered with Childcare.co.uk today, but I made it clear that I am going through registration now, hope that it's ok to still register when I am not Child minder yet.
Thought it might just be a good idea..as some parent's might not be needing care until a few months, and hopefully I will be ready by then :)

x

mississmoomoo
05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Well done!

I registered with Childcare.co.uk today, but I made it clear that I am going through registration now, hope that it's ok to still register when I am not Child minder yet.
Thought it might just be a good idea..as some parent's might not be needing care until a few months, and hopefully I will be ready by then :)

x

I joined a few days ago and I do recall it saying that you must be ofsted registered to put yourself on an advertise as a childminder, but as long as you have made it clear you are not registered till a few months and give the date you are expected to become registered then you should be ok. x

CherryBlossom
06-09-2009, 11:25 AM
I joined a few days ago and I do recall it saying that you must be ofsted registered to put yourself on an advertise as a childminder, but as long as you have made it clear you are not registered till a few months and give the date you are expected to become registered then you should be ok. x

Oh thanks, I didn't see that it said that on there..luckily I stated that i am not reg yet anyway :)

x