PDA

View Full Version : Choosing the right car and deal

Clever Clogs
25-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Hi there

Still not registered yet - but assured certificate will be with me this week so time to make another decision. At the moment I have a Renault Scenic and thinking about changing it (mot and service due next month so now's as good a time as any). Have been looking through previous posts and because I like what I have have been thinking about the Grand Scenic. Are there any new opinions on these cars (good or bad) or even if there is another preferred type? All advice would be great.

Can I also ask - has anyone bought their car through a business deal rather than normal car showroom sales? Has it worked better? And do you put through any amount of it towards tax etc?

Another thought that someone has told me about is leasing the car or contract hire. Has anyone went down this route before and how is it?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with much needed advice.

Tracey

Sarsar3NCH
25-02-2008, 03:17 PM
We are about to get a car on contract hire. Can do it so all maintenance is incl so only expense on top of hire is fuel and ins. Hubby is car sales manager and think it work out really well, esp if you do it over a long period i.e.5 yrs. You can still get out of it early but would have a 3 month penalty but still works out better value than say a 2 yr contract hire.

We have a grand scenic at the moment and think its fab, but now need even more seats for the holidays!

Sarah

Rubybubbles
25-02-2008, 04:24 PM
not sure how to go about getting a good deal:(

I've just got a grand scenic and love it sooooo much:D , I only look after 2 children and have 2 of my own so we have plenty of room in it:D

(I went for the Grand scenic as there is a lot of Zafairas around:laughing: ), like to break the mould

flora
25-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Hi there

Still not registered yet - but assured certificate will be with me this week so time to make another decision. At the moment I have a Renault Scenic and thinking about changing it (mot and service due next month so now's as good a time as any). Have been looking through previous posts and because I like what I have have been thinking about the Grand Scenic. Are there any new opinions on these cars (good or bad) or even if there is another preferred type? All advice would be great.

Can I also ask - has anyone bought their car through a business deal rather than normal car showroom sales? Has it worked better? And do you put through any amount of it towards tax etc?

Another thought that someone has told me about is leasing the car or contract hire. Has anyone went down this route before and how is it?

Looking forward to hearing from anyone with much needed advice.

Tracey

Make sure you look into tax side of things re the car. I know it is listed in the NCMA book about tax and running you business. If you put the car through the business you have to put it through as capital allowance, this depreciates by 25% each tax year. If I remember rightly if you do this you have to do more detailed tax returns as Cm's get special consession from the tax office but only if certain rules are followed.
Hope this helps. :)

Clever Clogs
01-03-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the advice.

Will follow up the tax issue Flora before I go ahead with doing it this way (still not sure yet).

Tracey

sarah707
01-03-2008, 11:02 PM
We have a Toyota Lucida import - it takes 6 children plus bags and buggy etc... it's great for carting all the teens about at weekends as well.

Downside - it's big and heavy to drive, garages rub their hands together as you drive onto the forecourt, a tank of deisel costs £50+ at the moment and the blooming thing needs a new tyre! :laughing:

smartypants
01-03-2008, 11:21 PM
I have an seat Alhambra which is the same as a Galaxy!! 7 seater

I love it as i feel big inside when im driving lol...

It has fold down seats, all individual and boot space for a double buggy and a single too!!!