PDA

View Full Version : 2 settings

Wendy Woo
02-09-2009, 05:37 PM
Hi ya all.

Was just wondering if anyone can help me.
I am takin on a new mindee who is nearly 4 so is doin his funded hours at a nursery setting. I no i need to be in contact with the setting but what am i supposed to do???

I dont have a clue as i have not had this b4.

Please can someone help me

Wend x x x x x

FizzysFriends
02-09-2009, 05:43 PM
You need to work in partnership with other settings as you do parents (with parents permission), although I have had job with one pre-school sharing information the other don't want to know and don't want to share any info at all including when mindee has bumped his head whilst with them :angry:

Wendy Woo
02-09-2009, 05:46 PM
i wont be pickin him up till 1pm and im really not understandin wot i need to share........
I give parents a full account of the day and do show my obbs everynow and then.
How often should we share obs and stuff with parents??? and is this wot i need to share woith the nursery??????

aaaaahhhhhh am i being really thick!!!!!!!!!!!?>????????????????

FizzysFriends
02-09-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't share obs with the pre-schools, just wow moments, the one that does share with me does an extra copy of their newsletters for me so I know what they are working on that term and then when I collect tells me if mindee her key worker just tells me what mindee has been upto and I write it down when I get home sometimes and put it in mindees learning journey.

You could just send a note book and ask them to put in any wow moments or anything significant and you could do the same in the book?

MissTinkerbell
02-09-2009, 06:24 PM
If you pm me with your email address I'll send you a copy of my letter and monthly form that I sent to the preschool and will send to school this coming term.