PDA

View Full Version : Managed to get on training

Monkey1
25-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I hadn't recieved a copy of some of the EYFS training available but found out about it from another minder. Phoned them up and explained the situation and they have managed to squeeze me in next Monday, and put me on the waiting list for the following Monday for the second session. Wahoo! Perhaps i will start feeling more confident about it!

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Let us know how it goes Monkey.

You are going to beat me to the 1000 post!!:panic:

Monkey1
25-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Let us know how it goes Monkey.

You are going to beat me to the 1000 post!!:panic:

Ner ner ner ner ner!
Just found out i'm on a course tonight! I signed up for a child protection course for 25th March, just opened my mail and had a letter saying it was ment to be 25th feb instead:eek:

Twinkles
25-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Did you both really join in Dec 2007??? Same as me??? I thought I was doing quite well on my post count but not compared to you guys :eek: Gasbags :D

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Nothing like a bit of advance notice is there! Have fun tonight as well then! (note to self.... cunning plan being hatched....Hmmm chance to get my post count up whilst Monkey is working.....)

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Did you both really join in Dec 2007??? Same as me??? I thought I was doing quite well on my post count but not compared to you guys :eek: Gasbags :D

Uh huh.... there is only ONE gasbag on here..... (naming no names of course:littleangel: ):laughing:

Twinkles
25-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Can you mean 'The Angelic One' ?:laughing:

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Have you heard Robbie Williams song... ummm what is it.... oh yeah Angels?;)

Sorry Gigi.....:D

Monkey1
25-02-2008, 01:09 PM

No I was on the old forum too! Gerty is the only gasbag! Although i think Vik should be banned for a while so that i can get there first!

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 01:13 PM
No I was on the old forum too! Gerty is the only gasbag! Although i think Vik should be banned for a while so that i can get there first!

Yep, I was on the old forum too.

BANNED:eek: :eek: , now thats playing dirty..... (although I was considering pm'g Pauline and our mods and sending them some backhanders to bump up my post count! :D

thats it must must must post more.....

Mollymop
25-02-2008, 01:15 PM
Glad you got on the training session.
I was lucky to even get on any of the training sessions with mine, they had sent the letters so late, that I had missed all the ones in my immediate area and all the closer ones were fully booked, so it meant travelling approx 30 miles to the nearest venue!
So I complained and I was put on one close-by that was not even on my venue list to begin with?! Weird!

Twinkles
25-02-2008, 01:22 PM
I was so cheesed off at not being able to get on a BTT course that I just turned up for one:eek: I know full well that people book on them and then don't turn up. They were a bit surprised but they let me in and sure enough there were still three places. Now I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to anyone else ( leastways if you do don't blame me/mention my name) but it solved my problem :D

Monkey1
25-02-2008, 01:25 PM
I will remember that one for the future!

Blaze
25-02-2008, 01:32 PM
I was so cheesed off at not being able to get on a BTT course that I just turned up for one:eek: I know full well that people book on them and then don't turn up. They were a bit surprised but they let me in and sure enough there were still three places. Now I wouldn't necessarily recommend this to anyone else ( leastways if you do don't blame me/mention my name) but it solved my problem :D

LOL! I did the same for my BTT course...I didn't even have my registration certificate at the time! We must be ultra sneaky in Surrey!

Tasha:)

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 01:40 PM
LOL! I did the same for my BTT course...I didn't even have my registration certificate at the time! We must be ultra sneaky in Surrey!

:eek: Nuff said!!! lol

Good on you for doing that Tasha - its a pain in the rear not being able to get on courses and then to hear that there were loads of spaces available due to people not turning up:(

Mollymop
25-02-2008, 01:42 PM

Hey, maybe you were allowed to go, as i haven't got my registration cert yet, but they said I was ok to go on the EYFS training

Blaze
25-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Ni definately wasn't supposed to be there...had to do a bit of fast talking LOL!

Monkey1
25-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I have never been on a course where everybody has turned up!

deeb66
25-02-2008, 01:59 PM
Glad that you have got your EYFS training sorted Monkey

Good job you got that letter about the Child Protection course today....imagine if you had got it tomorrow :panic:

sarah707
25-02-2008, 01:59 PM
I am waiting for new courses here... though whether I'll be able to get there or not remains to be seen! They tend to be on strange days! :rolleyes: