PDA

View Full Version : Had to treat mindee for head lice need wording for permission form (asap!)

amirose
02-09-2009, 03:09 PM
Hiya,

Firstly I know permission form should have been done this morning at drop off but today was a bad day and thanks to last minute chaos created my end I made mum late for work as it was so I am going to get her to sign one at pick up (at 5!). Verbal permission was given its just the paperwork needed now!!!

Child X was dropped off mum asks for quiet word and says child X has nits, her hair has been treated and shes clear but just wanted to let you know.
I get off the phone and ring Y's mum and tell her that X has head lice so scrape Y's hair right back today.
Few minutes later Y's mum rings back - Y's got head lice too I am late for work what do you want me to do?

So being nice childminder that I am I said I would go to chemist and get the stuff and treat it for her. The mum thought that was fantastic and told me which one to get. So thats what I did this morning (following all the instructions too - even though I don't knormally ha ha :laughing: )
So just sat down to write the permission form and suddenly though argh what do I write??? :laughing:

Help!!!

LittleAcorns
02-09-2009, 03:14 PM
Bless you, I hate those pesky little things, not sure what Id put sorry, best of luck x

singlewiththree
02-09-2009, 03:20 PM
What a nice job!
I would think its something like.

I give permission for (childminder) to treat my child _________ with (name of brand) headlice solution as per manufacturers instructions.

Signed

breezy
02-09-2009, 03:28 PM
I would also make note of the date on it

FussyElmo
02-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Gosh aren't you good - think the most I have ever done is to french plait my mindees hair as she was scratching. She thought it was great of me to do her hair all ready for troupe:rolleyes:

carlen222
25-01-2010, 09:22 PM
omg...... id freak!!!! came across this thread while im trying to find wording for a head lice policy, i think id have to exclude from my care as i just couldnt care for a child with them, and i wouldnt want anyone to feel isolated!!! xx

Alibali
25-01-2010, 09:34 PM
What a terrific person you are:clapping: :clapping:

I couldn't even treat my own dd without having a screaming fit and palpitations!

sonia ann
25-01-2010, 09:48 PM
My 10yr old mindee was sent home from middle school with head lice and as her emergency contact I collected her, I then sat for an hour with my "Robi Comb" and removed about 30 lice....which wait for it ....I deposited on sellotape to prove to the parents how many she had:panic:

Mum gave me a huge bunch of flowers for what she called "care beyond the call of duty":)

francinejayne
25-01-2010, 10:03 PM
My 10yr old mindee was sent home from middle school with head lice and as her emergency contact I collected her, I then sat for an hour with my "Robi Comb" and removed about 30 lice....which wait for it ....I deposited on sellotape to prove to the parents how many she had:panic:

Mum gave me a huge bunch of flowers for what she called "care beyond the call of duty":)

Ofsted should grade you on that!!!!
Ooh is anyone else's head itchy after reading this thread?!?! :laughing:

PixiePetal
25-01-2010, 10:06 PM
I ask for permission to use my nitty gritty comb and advise them to get one too!

I don't mind doing it, at least I know it is done thoroughly :rolleyes:

Zoomie
25-01-2010, 10:18 PM
My heads itching :panic:

Why can't you just use your normal medication permission form.

Just state dosage required / frequency etc ???

carlen222
25-01-2010, 11:34 PM
oh that is well beyond the care of duty!!!!! what a fantastic person you must be!!! i seriously just couldnt!!! i have only had my daughter with them the once, and the only reason i knew as i thought it was a bit of fluffon her head when drying only to pick it and it moved!!!! i got the sellotape as you did, stuck it to it to make sure it was going nowhere!!!! then i checked her head, just around where that was there was maybe 10 little dots, so i pulled them off too, stuck them to tape and took her straight down to the chemist to ask if they were lice!!!! i treated the whole family with the shampoo.....i just hate creepy crawlies!!! makes me just itch at the thought, i now check her hair daily after school!!!!