PDA

View Full Version : Could I do this??

Adiamond
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi, I have just had an enquiry for a 10 week old baby boy :clapping: :clapping: and his 19 month old brother, it will be 3 days a week 8.30 - 4.30 BUT I may have a problem :(

I already have k 17 months, I have her 6.30am--8.00pm 2 days a week but flexi days (having issues with this but thats another story!!!)

and M 19 months, Mon-Fri 8.00am-1.00pm

So if I have the new boys and it is the same day as K I will be over my numbers :(

PLEASE can anyone suggest any way around this or will I have to say no???

If I could do this then I will be FULL :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Rubybubbles
02-09-2009, 02:06 PM
I don;t think there is anything you can do unless you can get K to me perment hours on days that don't clash

Ofted don't normally offer varition for new children into setting

yo may be full but you will have 3 children under 20 months:panic: have you RA all this and how you would manage out and about?

LittleAcorns
02-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Hiya,

If you have K 2 days a week, flexi, this is the only way you could do it is to pin them down...speak to the parents and explain that you either need set days now or retainer for the other days as you've had an enquiry and you need to concider it.

if they give you set days you can offer the other family the 3 days, or atleast it would be more worth while having the retainer payed xx

MissTinkerbell
02-09-2009, 02:54 PM
Ofsted might allow you the variation because you have space for 1 under 5 and taking the the other would be a continuity of care. I had this a while back. I had space for the older sisiter but not for the younger - Ofsted were willing to grant a variation for the younger sister as I had the space for the 5-8 year old as it was continuity of care - in then end mum didn't get the job so didn't need the childcare.

Ring Ofsted and enquire - they won't be able to say yes or no there and then but they will tell you whether there is a likeihood that a variation will/will not be granted.

breezy
02-09-2009, 03:18 PM
Ofsted might allow you the variation because you have space for 1 under 5 and taking the the other would be a continuity of care. I had this a while back. I had space for the older sisiter but not for the younger - Ofsted were willing to grant a variation for the younger sister as I had the space for the 5-8 year old as it was continuity of care - in then end mum didn't get the job so didn't need the childcare.

Ring Ofsted and enquire - they won't be able to say yes or no there and then but they will tell you whether there is a likeihood that a variation will/will not be granted.

Good advice, if you dont ask you'll never know!

Adiamond
02-09-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks everyone :) :)
I will speak to K's mum and I will ring Ofsted :panic: .
Ks mum will probably be ok about the set days (if she can do it)I can't see any other way round it! x x x