PDA

View Full Version : Tonsil out..

mandy moo
02-09-2009, 12:47 PM
The little one that I mind, hes only just turned 2, is having his tonsils out towards the end of the month, He will not be with me for two weeks :( bless.

It was a long time ago when I had mine out (Iwas 11) and really cant remember much about it, I know it hurt, but will he still be hurting when he comes back to me? or will everything be back to normal?

Hebs
02-09-2009, 12:49 PM
my son has his out when he was 4, he was in agony for a week but was 99% recovered within 2 weeks (apart from the alvin and the chipmunk's voice that lasted a few weeks ) :laughing:

breezy
02-09-2009, 12:54 PM
dd had hers out at 6 along with adenoids, took 2 weeks to recover, they made her eat crisps after and no ice cream:panic: :panic:

cabby
02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
i had mine out at 15.....not nice:panic:

Hebs
02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
dd had hers out at 6 along with adenoids, took 2 weeks to recover, they made her eat crisps after and no ice cream:panic: :panic:

they took my son's adenoids too, he wasn't impressed with the no icecream part :laughing:

Alibali
02-09-2009, 01:14 PM
My mindee had his done 2 years ago, he was only off 2 days!

Hebs
02-09-2009, 01:20 PM
My mindee had his done 2 years ago, he was only off 2 days!

what! :panic:

the risk of infection and heamorging is there for a week, my son heameroged 4 days after having his out and was rushed back in.

can't believe mum sent him after just 2 days :(

Rubybubbles
02-09-2009, 02:19 PM
poor thing:(

My ds had his out 2 summers ago, and his adenoids. He woke up and was scoffing biscuit lol! he recovered really quickly!

He also had grommits in this summer:panic: and :panic: was eating really well after that too, you just worry

singlewiththree
02-09-2009, 03:06 PM
poor thing:(

My ds had his out 2 summers ago, and his adenoids. He woke up and was scoffing biscuit lol! he recovered really quickly!

He also had grommits in this summer:panic: and :panic: was eating really well after that too, you just worry

Its nice to hear of a good story, DD has her adenoids and gromit next week and I'm starting to get edgy with all these messages. I'm working two days after and will still have school run to do and my own younger DD at home. Hoping she isn't too poorly as mindee is only 18mths and into everything! might have to ring my mum to come and help.

Pipsqueak
02-09-2009, 03:39 PM
James had his out when he was 2 (now 5 in December) and we haven't looked back. he recovered really quickly and was up and running about within 5 days!!!

Hebs
02-09-2009, 03:54 PM
mark ended up back in hospital, BUT i have never regretted having them removed, cos in the 5 year since they've been gone he's never had a sore throat :thumbsup:

mandy moo
03-09-2009, 11:53 AM
James had his out when he was 2 (now 5 in December) and we haven't looked back. he recovered really quickly and was up and running about within 5 days!!!

oh bless him,
The LO is such a lovley,happy little chap even when hes Ill.
He's had tonsilitis so many times in the last 2 years it seems hes forever on antibiotics.
He also gets extremley high tempratures with it and had a febrile convulsion, one weekend which frightened the life out of his mum and dad, and he ended up in hospital for a couple of days as they couldnt bring his temp down..
so hopefully he'll be the same Pipsqueak..

Thanx for all your replys
Mandy

Pipsqueak
03-09-2009, 02:10 PM
i think its a lot to do with how the adults are around the child as well. Lots of tea and sympathy but also lots of positive attitude and encouragement. The immediate aftermath of the op when they are coming round and the 24/48hrs after isn't easy going for the child or the parent but once that 48hrs is up... well!!!!

Hope the LO recovers quickly

Harry is going in on the 28th to get his out (hopefully he won;t back out of it).