PDA

View Full Version : Minding after DD operation

singlewiththree
02-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I have tried to change DD's adenoid appointment but no joy so instead of starting school on 8th she is going into hospital. Its an overnight so have cancelled mindee for the Weds however I'm back working Thursday. She has to stay off school for 2 weeks due to the risk of infection however I have school run to do for my children but luckily have only one mindee in the day plus my other DD. Does anyone know the risks of having the mindee here? I can't cancel mum has no-one else.

misst104
02-09-2009, 12:56 PM
I'll be really interested to hear anyones experiences too as it looks like my ds2 ( 2years) is going to need his adanoids removing soon :(

xxx jo

breezy
02-09-2009, 01:12 PM
the risk is of mindee infecting your daughter, and bringing germs into the house.
when my dd had tonsils and adenoids out i had ds at home and nursery run with him so dd came with me, she didnt catch anything, but could have, i guess the choice is yours as mindee not at risk at all!
you could always ask dr's opinion

nikim
02-09-2009, 02:18 PM
my daughter had hers and her tonsils out and i was back working 2 days later , i felt that with 2 other children of my own that i had to take to school and pre-school and she had to come with me, she wasnt at any greater risk from the minded children , there is no way i would of been able to afford 2 weeks off work :panic: ,

~Chelle~
02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
My ds1 had his tonsils out and was quite poorly for a couple of days after the operation. luckily this then fell on a weekend so I had 4 days off after his operation. Started back at work on the monday and he was fine.

My ds2 had both his adenoids and tonsils removed and he was poorly for quite a few days after his op and had to have 4 days off!

Hope the op goes well x

singlewiththree
02-09-2009, 03:03 PM
Thanks for the advice. We also have a show booked "Dorothy the Dinosaur" on the Sunday which is 5 days after and now I'm not sure if the noise level will be ok and the fact its a theatre and she is supposed to be kept away :(