PDA

View Full Version : as anyone had a vary to have 4 at 1 time?

gailee
02-09-2009, 10:03 AM
I'm trying to work out wither to have vary to have 4under 5 or to a assistant ?? The assistant as got no-where nobody interested !! :panic: Then so i need a vary to have 4 under 5 years term time only for 4 1/2 hours a day?? Do you think they will approve?? Then i need a vary for Friday to have 5 under 5 for a hour .... do you think ofsted would agree :(

mabel
02-09-2009, 01:10 PM
You may get it for 4 but not for 5, remember its Ofsted your dealing with !

breezy
02-09-2009, 01:19 PM
I dont know, but try it and see, they can only say no then you're no worse off than you are now, I doubt you'd get 5 though.

rickysmiths
02-09-2009, 01:33 PM
I have had a variation for 4 under fives for two 10hr days for 2yrs now and it was changed to 5x 10hr days from the beginning of Aug. This is without an assistant. I can have 5 under fives with an asisstant.

I considered working with an asisstant and having five but to be honest by the time you have paid their tax and Nat Ins and paid them for 4 weeks holiday which you have to do if they work more than 15hrs or earn more than £95 per week.. Its not worth it because it would have cost me more than I would have earned from the fifth child.

MissTinkerbell
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
I've got one for 5 under fives for 2 weeks but apparently thats only because the extra two are rising 5s and I used to teach 4/5 year olds for 12 years.

Daftbat
02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
I have had four under five twice a week for a while but its coming to and end now with the new term starting. It may be worth asking about the five under five - it can depend so much upon individual circumstances and the actual ages of the children along with any others you may care for.

They can only say no and if you don't ask you don't get!