Morning Everyone
i am thinking about doing a news letter for parents

what kind of things can i put in

has anyone got one i can look at to give me a idea please

thanks alot
luv sue xxx

Dottilicious
02-09-2009, 11:03 AM
Bromley have one in there downloads section that may give you some ideas. Hope that helps.

sarah707
02-09-2009, 05:09 PM
I write a newsletter every month - whether they read it or not is another matter :rolleyes:

birthdays, special dates, things we are going to do, things we have done, announcements, clothing, weather notices, celebrations and achievements... all sorts of bits and bobs.

Mine is usually 1 side of A4 - twice a year I put new menus on the back :D

Mari
02-09-2009, 05:18 PM
Shall I send you one of mine through PM? I only do them every few months, usually if there are changes such as school holidays etc, or if prices are increasing and I did one for Christmas opening times.
My inspector said that they were acceptable as a quality of care report.

FizzysFriends
02-09-2009, 05:23 PM
How about birthday, starters, leavers, school dates (term start, next holiday), payment reminder (pay on time or else), what your plans are for the new term, asking for anything your need for crafts (used paper, crisp tubes).

venus89
02-09-2009, 05:30 PM
I do one half termly, so I've just sent mine out this week....

I put birthdays, welcomes to new children etc
I wrote about our fundraising efforts last term
A reminder to parents to bring suitable clothing for their children (:rolleyes: )
My topic for the half term
What courses I'm doing
How my Network work is coming along

saintsue
03-09-2009, 09:49 AM
thanks alot everyone

MARI yes please could u pm me one of your to look at
thanks luv sue xxxxxxx

Pudding Girl
03-09-2009, 09:50 AM
I just did mine, it's very basic layout, one side of A4, literally just headings and then a wee paragraph. Nothing fancy in the slightest.

It had info on head lice, upcoming events, inspection result and Xmas hols advance notice. Usually like to put a plea on for aomething, anything to get them involved (and see who really reads it too!)

I do it at least monthly and at most fortnightly, depends how much I have on and if I need to get a message across subtely ;)