PDA

View Full Version : ok what now??

emmadines
25-02-2008, 10:44 AM
Hi hows every one????

As some of you know I have had my pre reg witch I believe went well, am
sure they would have said other wise if there was a problem! CRB have been sent off and am waiting on those.

Gonna call them tomorrow (CRB) and see if they have the paperwork!:blush:

is there anything I can do in the mean time?? I cant really advertise can i???

I thought of putting together a parent pack................... a form for them to fill out with info about their child eg what are their likes/ dislikes, do they call any perticular item a diff name eg, Becky calls a dummy "mummy" as she can not pronounce it properly and I didnt realise straight away and Im her mum!
fav toy etc.
then a lil bit about the setting and what will be done with their child eg, messy play, outings etc.
I have done a policy pack so lil bits can come from that.

Emma
x

sarah707
25-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Sounds like a good idea - a brochure always looks professional!

My job for this week is to properly label all my toy boxes and shelves - I intend to make some labels from photos and words and laminate them...

Hope you don't have to wait too long! :D

Banana
25-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Yes start advertising!!

You might not be registered yet but there is no harm in advertsing now - maybe just out that you anticipate vancancies in a couple of months.

Do as much of you paperwork and organisation as you can so that you are all set and ready for when your certificate arrives!

xxx

Mollymop
25-02-2008, 11:16 AM
I am in the same situation as you Emma, I am just awaiting the Crb checks and I have started to advertise on all the free websites I can think of. There is alist of them on here somewhere if you have a search around you will find the thread.

I am going to do a leaflet drop soon, but am awaiting new ink for my printer:rolleyes:

Good luck X

angeldelight
25-02-2008, 11:17 AM
Just wanted to say agree with everyone else

Good luck hope things start moving soon

Angel xx

emmadines
25-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I am in the same situation as you Emma, I am just awaiting the Crb checks and I have started to advertise on all the free websites I can think of. There is alist of them on here somewhere if you have a search around you will find the thread.

I am going to do a leaflet drop soon, but am awaiting new ink for my printer:rolleyes:

Good luck X

what about the refill packs? i used them foe the 1st time and their cheeper then the new cartrages

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 01:16 PM
It might be worth starting to get your face and name known at local playgroups, toddler sessions etc....

Get your friends and family to put up ads where they work (in the staff room etc prior permisision first though!)...

good luck

Mollymop
25-02-2008, 01:23 PM
what about the refill packs? i used them foe the 1st time and their cheeper then the new cartrages

I tried a refill pack last week but the print came out all faint looking, naff actually. But then hubby did it and knowing him it did it wrong but won't admit to it;) Or maybe it cos I used a "value" pack?

Spangles
25-02-2008, 01:44 PM
HOpe you don't have to wait too long. I agree to start advertising some people look way in advance of when they need their child to start.

emmadines
25-02-2008, 03:25 PM
I tried a refill pack last week but the print came out all faint looking, naff actually. But then hubby did it and knowing him it did it wrong but won't admit to it;) Or maybe it cos I used a "value" pack?

I got them from argos! flushed it a couple of times and its worked fine!

will deff think about advertising, o/h is out tonight so might sit and design some posters!

is there anything in perticular that I need on it eg, how many vacencies,

maybe Im being ditsy!!!