PDA

View Full Version : what to do ??

mushpea
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
right tommoro i have 7 children , one of them is back to school she is one of the sisters the other 2 arent at school and are with me all day, tommoro is her first day back at school but the other 3 school children arent back untill thursday as they are at a differnt school so as i will have only 6 children during the day (one of them a new starter) and can fit them in the car i have decided to take them to a park about 10 miles away . Now i have a feeling that mum will turn up tommoro and say she isnt going to school because she wants to stay with me and the other children as they dont start back till thursday, if tis happens i cant fit them in the car so am limited as to where i can take them plus i prearraged this with a friend so would be letting her down too although she could come to mine but anyway part of me says i should say to the mum i cant take her during the day as i have made other arrangements and cant fit her in the car but the other part of me says give in and taker for the day and do somthing else with the kids as the mum has become a frined and i will feel awful for turning her away.
what would you do, turn her away or take her ,,,,,,, knowing my luck it will probably rain tommoro anway:rolleyes:

FizzysFriends
01-09-2009, 07:50 PM
I would be blunt with mom and tell her you can't have her as she should be at school, its not right to give children days off just because they want it, you can't go that at work and the children need to know that.

rainbowmummy
01-09-2009, 08:04 PM
I too would say you couldn't have her, she should be in school. I understand that she would prefer to be off playing with you and the other mindees but it is school time again.
Good luck x

Mouse
01-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Why on earth would mum not send her to school?

If she's supposed to be there I would tell mum I couldn't have her.

Pipsqueak
01-09-2009, 08:11 PM
i would refuse to have the child if she is supposed to be in school. Its wrong to keep them out of school just because they want a 'day off' and I certainly would not allow myself to be compromised like that (morally and ethically) - sorry

nannymcflea
01-09-2009, 09:41 PM
New year,new teacher, she needs to be at school,not a good impression to make on your first day otherwise.

The Juggler
02-09-2009, 06:49 AM
me too. Mum wouldn't expect you to have them for a day's care she hadn't arranged at any other time, would she?. Also agree with the others about going back to school!

Was going to say call night before but too late now! sorry. What happened are they with you yet?

rainbowmummy
02-09-2009, 12:29 PM
so.... how many do you have today?

mandy moo
02-09-2009, 12:41 PM
agree with all the above, I wouldnt have taken her, sorry
Did she go to shcool in the end?

mabel
02-09-2009, 01:08 PM
are you allowed 7 children ?

rickysmiths
02-09-2009, 01:21 PM
Do you have a variation for more than 6 under eights?

manjay
02-09-2009, 01:25 PM
perhaps some are over 8:rolleyes: