PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean???

Lily Grace
01-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Can anyone explain to me what this means, I have seen this recommendation on a few ofsted reports-

"develop further opportunities for parents to be involved in children's record keeping"

FizzysFriends
01-09-2009, 06:12 PM
Can anyone explain to me what this means, I have seen this recommendation on a few ofsted reports-

"develop further opportunities for parents to be involved in children's record keeping"

not sure I would guess at getting more input for the children's learney journeys from the parent.

Rubybubbles
01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
I take it S WORKING IN partnership with parents.

Newsletter
Open days
regular development meetings
working alongside other EYFS setting lo may be in
daily dairy
feedback pages

hope some off this helps

sarah707
01-09-2009, 06:45 PM
Ruby has given you most of the ideas there...

Also sending home the child's learning journey...

It's about encouraging feedback... anything the parent tells you about the child at home, write it down! :D

Lily Grace
01-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Hi I dont have a lot of feedback from parents they are happy with what I am doing, I have asked them to write any comments in obs book. X's dad picks him up and normally says "I'll leave that bit to the other half" then I dont see mum for ages and when I do see her she doesn't have much time in the morning as she has a train to catch!!

sarah707
01-09-2009, 07:26 PM
Then ask her for a verbal feedback and write it down on her behalf...

Does xxx (the child) like the new menus?

Has xxx the child commented on our new water play table?

Have you time to look at our new display when you come next session?

Maybe give her a feedback form to take home..? :D

miffy
01-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Hi I dont have a lot of feedback from parents they are happy with what I am doing, I have asked them to write any comments in obs book. X's dad picks him up and normally says "I'll leave that bit to the other half" then I dont see mum for ages and when I do see her she doesn't have much time in the morning as she has a train to catch!!

Sometimes it's really difficult to get feedback if you don't see a parent very often or they are always in a rush - what about sending out a questionnaire to parents asking what they like/dislike about your setting or what improvements they feel you could make etc.

Then you have something to work on and the evidence for Ofsted.

Miffy xx

Lily Grace
01-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Do you send a feedback form to all the parents. I have two after schoolers who are over eight and they are not with me for very long, just over an hour a day. Do I just need feedback from the parents whose children are under 5.

miffy
01-09-2009, 07:48 PM
I send them to all parents

Miffy xx

Lily Grace
01-09-2009, 09:11 PM
ahhh I thought I could just get away with just to the under 5's. The after school mums give me really funny looks when i give them this to sign and that to sign. Sorry another question how often do I hand out feedback forms, dont tell once a week or I will scream really load "NOOOOOOO, give me a break"! Sorry just got back from a week in great yarmouth and didn't give one thought to cminding till I got back!!

bexcee
04-11-2009, 01:45 PM
I do a feedback form after the four week trial period and then every term after that so three times a year basically. I also have a leaver's questionnaire for when they leave.