PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever had .........

chewy sweets
01-09-2009, 03:11 PM
a college phone to see if you'd take on an NVQ student????
Just had a call now and told them i'd look into it!
Anyone on the forum done this before????

nannymcflea
01-09-2009, 04:14 PM
Yes i have had them in the past. They need a CRB for definate(but on a childcare course they usually have one). Don't know if you need to inform OFSTED or insurance, mine was over 3 years ago and I can't remember!

Some are great others should not be doing childcare,also times are funny too and make sure they bring their own lunch!:eek:

nikim
01-09-2009, 04:46 PM
i did a couple of years ago and said never again , she was a lovely girl but completly cluless (although if yours is doing a level 3 it maybe different) and it was like having an extra child :rolleyes: , also i was a bit annoyed that once her assesor came at the end of term (june ) and i signed all the paeprwork to say she had completed the elememts ,she never came back :mad: , even though she was supposed to stay till the end of august , because she needed to do a certain amount of hours , and i looking forward to having the extra help during the holidays , one piece of advice i would give though is make sure you tell ofsted and your insurance company and ban them from using their mobile phone whilst with you !!! good luck

hello kitty
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Yep, I've got a student starting next week who is in her second year at college. Have already met and interviewed her and seen her CRB clearance. I informed Ofsted and my insurance company. The college have sent out a health and safety guy to ensure my setting is safe for the student!! Also got my parents to sign to say they are happy for her to be with me when their children are with me too, I assured them that she would not be left in sole charge nor would she be seeing to their personal care etc. :)