PDA

View Full Version : ''i'm bored''

loocyloo
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM
well, its taken 6+ weeks of holiday (ok, i was away for 2 weeks! ;) ) but i've just had the immortal words ''i'm bored'' from 7yr DS and 6yr old mindee!

we went this morning to feed ducks & fish, went for a walk, ran around and played in the park.

since then, they have made their own lunch, played trains and in the garden. watched some television but now they are bored!

i have offered a selection of craft activities, from a 'set' activity, to doing what they like with the craft stuff! puzzles, games, music, books, lego, cars .... all they want to do is annoy the LOs !!!

sent DS to have a rest in his room, and i think he is tired, and needs some timeout, mindee is playing trains currently ... soon be teatime and hometime!

one day left and then its back to school! :clapping: ( i'm not working thurs and fri! well, actually am working thurs, but only 1 LO! )

its been a good summer hols, and i've enjoyed it, and we've done loads of things, but obviously, they have had enough now!

am planning to go out for day tomorrow, just hope weather reasonable!

what does anyone else do/offer when told 'i'm bored'???

xxx

twiggy
01-09-2009, 03:07 PM
I mind a 7yr old for 2 days a week during the school holidays. She plays with an activity for 5 mins and then is always bored. I think she just has a very short attention span as the others (all of a similar age) can spend 30-45mins playing with the same activity. Her mum says she is the same at home so I don't worry too much about it although it does annoy me.