PDA

View Full Version : really annoyed, ready to give notice

cabby
01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
this could be a long one sorry:blush:

i mind my nieces lo ( steves niece actually ), ive had her full time for 12months, she's 18months now, the problem is through the whole 12 months mum has been saying " im looking for a part time job" or "im giving up work" " im going to be a childminder" but nothing ever comes of it:panic: so ive always had it hanging over my head that notice would be given

this morning she gave my dd a lift to work, dd then rang me to say that mum and dad are going to look at a nursery on friday to put lo in full time:eek: :eek: (well thanks for mentioning it to me)the reason being they thought she would be closer to being potty trained than she is (dont forget she is ONLY JUST 18 MONTHS OLD)so think shes needs to be around children her own age that are being potty trained:eek: the poor child cant even say "wee" im feeling so angry with them at the moment::angry: mainly for not saying anything to me, but telling my DD, im feeling so tempted to give them notice and say ive had an enquirey for a full time place, and as they are looking to put M in full time nursery, they wont mind being given notice!!!!!:(

i know its up to them what they do with their daughter, its just the way they've done it thats bugging me,

sorry for going on, not sure it even makes much sense just needed to get it out my system, or it'll be poor steve having his ear nagged off when he gets in tonight:blush:

Ripeberry
01-09-2009, 01:42 PM
That is underhand, sorry you have to deal with this. That's the problem with dealing with relatives, sometimes they can be worse than strangers with taking liberties.
Hope you get a new mindee soon to replace her. Don't understand why they would think other children would potty train their child :laughing: and why is everyone in such a hurry?

helenlc
01-09-2009, 01:46 PM
I have never heard potty training as a reason for someone to send their child to nursery. I know the children can come along surrounded by other children but I would think more in their language and thinking skills, not potty training skills.

You are right to be annoyed about them mentioning it in passing to your DD but not saying anything directly to you.

It depends how much you need the money (and the hassle?) as to whether you give notice. Have you had any enquiries for the space that she is currently using?

I would just be honest and say to them that you would appreciate being kept in the loop concerning whether they need you or not. Tell them that its not ideal for you to hear about their plans from your daughter and not them.

cabby
01-09-2009, 02:14 PM
the thing is with mum is shes an attention seeker, she has to be center of attention all the time, shes was always changing jobs, because she said this herself " i enjoy being the new girl, you get away with a lot more and get loads of attention":angry: shes an only child and has always been spoilet rotten by her family ( not steve, hes never actually liked her...lol), which is why i think shes moving M to nursery so she can be the new baby there...or some stupid reason like that:angry:

ive not had any enqiries recently, but to be honest having the space empty wouldnt bother me to much, ive got quite a few part timers, so would still have money coming in, and we dont include my money in day to day living!!

i know if i mention it to steve he'll say give her notice, as ive said he dosent get on with her, but he loves LO:), even though shes family we never had much to do with her before i started minding lo, but she would still expect me to not bother with the 4 weeks notice:angry: but she can forget that idea

i will be having a word with her tonight:)

cabby
01-09-2009, 05:49 PM
:blush: :blush: just read my last post again, and realise how bad i sound:blush:

when mum came in i mentioned what DD had said, and told her i was not happy about her not telling me herself, i also told her i need to know by friday evening at the latest what they decided, if not she will drag it out for weeks then just drop it on me again, also when i mentioned the 4 weeks notice her eyes nearly popped out of her head and she said that nursery want paying in advance so shes not sure if she can do that:eek: :eek: :eek:

i dont remember giving her a choice:huh:

Twinkles
01-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Sounds like you'll be much better off without her.

miffy
01-09-2009, 07:28 PM
:blush: :blush: just read my last post again, and realise how bad i sound:blush:

when mum came in i mentioned what DD had said, and told her i was not happy about her not telling me herself, i also told her i need to know by friday evening at the latest what they decided, if not she will drag it out for weeks then just drop it on me again, also when i mentioned the 4 weeks notice her eyes nearly popped out of her head and she said that nursery want paying in advance so shes not sure if she can do that:eek: :eek: :eek:

i dont remember giving her a choice:huh:

I also think you'll be better off without the parent but I feel sorry for the lo, she will be the loser if mum puts her in nursery full time. Are you sure mum is serious about this or is it another whim?

I wouldn't let her off the notice period either (what a cheek!) - hope you have it all written down on your contract.

Miffy xx

cabby
02-09-2009, 07:58 AM
it is lo thats going to suffer, she has built such a strong relationship with my son and the other mindees, shes always happy to come in and start playing straight away, up until last week mum was saying she was glad they chose a childminder rather than a nursery because she loves the homely setting (they looked at nuseries before she went back to work)

i think she will really go this time, shes got the registration forms, and made sure tax credits are going to pay the extra money, to be honest i think it'll be a shock for her when she realises she cant send lo to nursery when shes ill, when she cant pay when she feels like it, when they cant drop off and pick up when they feel like it:angry:

Louise_Oaktree
09-09-2009, 03:31 PM
All I can think is "blessing in disguise"..........:D

I was really offended when my niece didn't ask me to look after her LO when she goes back in November, but on reflection I realised it would be awful - my brother would be always asking me to do special favours and I don't want that in my day to day working life :panic:

Right now you are probably worrying about having a vacancy but a few months down the line you will be so glad I am sure. And at least you don't have to feel guilty about giving notice if they have left you.

I have an 18 mth old leaving me this week to go to nursery - they even did settling in sessions at nursery without telling me - turning up at lunch time one day a week for several weeks before they told me. I worried for ages about filling the space and in the end I had 3 people after it and was able to choose the best to suit my setting. I am now so glad things have worked out this way because I have been ready to give notice almost since he started!

wendywu
09-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Karen do NOT let her off the notice. She has to realise that she cannot go through life letting people down and not paying her dues :angry:

LOOPYLISA
09-09-2009, 03:42 PM
I used to look after my neice :panic:

She is lovely , it was her mother, my now ex sil :clapping:

cabby
10-09-2009, 08:00 AM
thanks for all your replies.x

i have to admit im feeling quite relieved shes finally done it this time:blush: dont get me wrong i will miss lo loads, but i wont miss mum, and i wont miss worring about the talk of notice hanging over my head all the time, i know in this job thats always a risk but to hear her saying most days about leaving work really :censored: me off!!! as she knew i was turing down equiries for full time care.

i asked her last week for her notice in writing, but she said she was still thinking about sending her here for a couple of days a week and when she had made her mind up she would let me know but she didnt know when that would be:angry: i just told her i only had a full time place so wouldnt do a couple of days, i just want her gone now:blush:

rickysmiths
10-09-2009, 08:11 AM
Stick to you guns. They have probably realised you are actually a lot cheaper and more flexible than the nursery.