PDA

View Full Version : advice please

chewy sweets
01-09-2009, 12:38 PM
I've got a mum coming to see me on Friday who is starting college in September. She said she's going to need me to have her 1 year old 3/4 days a week during term time. What should i do if it's 3/4 days should i be charing her for 4 just incase she needs to use the day?

Many thanks:thumbsup:

LittleAcorns
01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Hiya, if its 3 fixed days plus one possible day but she knows which this other day is, I would charge her your retainer fee for the extra day and just explain to her that you wouldnt want the other day to go to anyone else.

what some people do is not charge but explain that you cant guarentee a place
most people are then happy to pay for peace of mind, it really depends how often shes likely to need it I guess.

helenlc
01-09-2009, 05:55 PM
I agree - charge for 3 full days and half for the other day. Obviously if she uses it, then its full fee.

Is she paying the fees or is college (Care to Learn or similar)? They usually pay a fixed amount per month, so I wouldnt have thought they would want all this half retainer/full if used ie it changing all the time.

So if its college paying, I would charge for 4 full days. Tell them that this is your standard practise if people want extra days in the week - you charge them for that space whether they use it or not.

Good luck.