PDA

View Full Version : giving notice in 2010!!

edayhouse
01-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Hi there

ok so i know that this is a bit in advance but i am worrying already! I have been asked to mind a baby beginning in August 2010 (baby not born yet) ideal parents, ideal hours etc etc - they want me 5 days per week from 8am to 4pm the only thing is that i would need to give my current mindee (who i have had for 6 months and will have had for a year and a half by then) notice as i only have him for 2 days per week and also his days change as his mum works shifts so it is not ideal - i only charge her for the 2 days a week that i have him!!

Anyway i know that alot can happen between now and next August but would it be wrong of me to give notice next year just cause a full-timer has come along???

x

Hebs
01-09-2009, 11:57 AM
Ofsted do frown on this so be careful,

anything could happen between now and august, so wouldn't worry about it now :thumbsup:

edayhouse
01-09-2009, 12:27 PM
HI

Thanks for your reply. I am in scotland so i am with the SCMA. I am going to offer them the option of keeping the place open but i would need to charge a retainer fee for the 3 days that i dont have the little one - dont think they will go for this......

sweets
01-09-2009, 12:28 PM
personally i wouldn't even think about till next easter, a lot could happen before then

helenlc
01-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Could you not apply for a variation so you can have both?

loocyloo
01-09-2009, 01:17 PM
Could you not apply for a variation so you can have both?

thats what i would suggest doing, but again, wait till much nearer the time. i have a mum who wants me to have her baby next march, i am not even going to worry about juggling numbers until january at the earliest!

x

Ripeberry
01-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Don't worry about it until the baby is actually born. I get supersticious about even painting the nursery or having a pram in the house, let alone sorting out childcare!

CherryBlossom
02-09-2009, 08:49 AM
Hi,

Personally I would worry about it until nearer the time.

You never know you could give part-timer notice for Aug 2010, and they may start to look straight away and end up leaving you in a few months...
Then you will have to find another Mindee to fill space, also Aug full timer maybe end up not needing you etc.

x