PDA

View Full Version : Giving my full timer notice

christinajanep
01-09-2009, 10:21 AM
I have decided to give my full timer notice..:(

I have had this little girl for nearly 2 yrs but i dont have a very good working relationship with the parents, and this is getting me down.

They are constantly late in the morning which in turn makes me late on the school run and annoys my son who is 10, they are late picking there daughter up at night (sometimes 30min) and never ever call,

On a friday she should be collected at 430 on fridays but sometimes mum goes and gets her hair done and thinks i should have her whilst she's doing this ( i dont charge her for this time)

They messed up my holidays a coulple of weeks ago as they got there dates mixed up and couldnt do the dates i had booked so i only had 1 week instead of the 2 i had planned.

My major issue is the girl has issues with walking (she has a turned in foot) so she is constantly falling over and hurting herself. the parents hadnt done anything about it so i asked them if they would like me to use my contacts and make a referral for her to get her the support she needs, they both work full time and dont really seem that interested. they agreed for me to do this and were happy for me to take the lead roll in it all (not sure this was a good thing) Anyway 4 weeks ago the lady SEN lady came out and agreed the LO needed some therapy on her leg but she also picked up that her speech was a little slow for her age and that she was mixing words up and sometime u couldnt understand what she was saying... we agreed we'd monitor the language thing and she arranged to come back in 6 weeks to see how she was getting on. i passed all this info onto mom as dad was away for a month.
Well dad has come back today and had a slight go at me over the suggestion his daughter has speech and language difficulties, plus the LO sits with her bum on floor and legs tucked behind which the SEN lady has said is no good for the LO's hips and isnt helping her walking at all, dad was disgusted at the suggestion his daughter is prompted from not sitting like this as mom does it to (mom doesnt walk properly either)
this has really got my back up as ive spent alot of time and effort with the LO bringing on her development and they havent bothered at all with her...
My working relationship with these parents is now at an all time low and feel they really use me. :angry:

sorry but feel better now ive got it all off my chest and as hubby isnt her this is the next best thing:thumbsup:

Mollymop
01-09-2009, 11:06 AM
You have tried really hard for this little girl, its a shame the parents can't take a leaf out of your book and help their own little girl like you have done for the past 2 years.

helenlc
01-09-2009, 11:16 AM
I think you have made the right decision. It would also be hard for you to move on the LOs speech and physical development if you didnt have Mum and Dad on side too.

It would seem that they dont want to accept that their child has some problems that she needs help with. Unfortunately, there is only so much you can do to get them to do their part.

How bad of Dad as well to imply that you have done wrong in making the suggestions that the SEN lady passed on. And how strange that they dont want to do anything to help the LO especially as Mum has walking problems too.

kellym3
01-09-2009, 11:20 AM
you have tried your best shame parents dont take any notice :angry: its a shame but i think you done whats best giving notice just remember to put all in your notes and her folder just in case she go to a new cm so thay no also ect.

christinajanep
01-09-2009, 11:44 AM
thanks guys,
Mom has walking problems which is very evident to us ( they have never mentioned it)

Since this decision has been made i feel alot happier going forward just not sure if to do it before christmas or after, as she is full time (£600) ?

i feel totally used by them as they just come and go as they pls and have never taken part in any of the things i have sent home for the child (the Fathers day present LO made was still in her bag 2 weeks later and the card wasn't opened)

I have baby sat for them on a number of occasions and have never asked for anything in return ( they have never paid for this service)

My Husband has had enough of the way they just swan into my house and talk to me how they want (no respect) the Dad is South African and can be very short with me.
He constantly turns his nose up at my daughter who is 3 and has gone through the temper tantrum stage, one day he even told his daughter not to look as he didnt want her copying :angry: this really upset me.
My other parents think im far too soft and should toughen up a bit :o

marian
01-09-2009, 11:59 AM
You have been amazing in sticking with them for as long as you have.
I think I would have given up before now.

Marian x

christinajanep
01-09-2009, 12:02 PM
Hi Marian,

It has been so tempting but i could never of afforded it and husband wouldnt let me,
i had someone come have a look last night who are going to be using my services so it isnt so much of a loss and after speaking to hubby this afternoon he is more than happy for me to do it as and when want to, we are going to bournemouth christmas week and think the money would be nice for then and i can start the new year on a fresh