PDA

View Full Version : another childcare vouchers question

charliegee
01-09-2009, 08:22 AM
hello all - hope you all had a lovely bank hols

sorry for asking a vouchers question when I know there have been loads but I've been reading past posts and am still a bit confused!

I understand (I think!) that parents give me forms to fill in and then I will receive vouchers to redeem and which take 3-4 days to go into my bank account

Do I need to register with these childcare voucher providers beforehand (confused as not sure which provider parents may use?)

ie - do I have to do anything right now or will parent give me all the informaiton?

- I've got a new starter at the end of the month who's parent has asked to use vouchers but I'm not sure how this works as I'm being paid monthly in advance

any advise would be great - thank you!

xxx

louised
01-09-2009, 08:53 AM
I used to receive accor childcare vouchers and when i first started parents gave me the information i needed to register, it was very straight forward and i never had any problems receiving the money

charliegee
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
I used to receive accor childcare vouchers and when i first started parents gave me the information i needed to register, it was very straight forward and i never had any problems receiving the money

Ah thanks for your quick reply - I feel a bit better about vouchers now!

Should I register now with voucher providers or wait for parent to give me the information?

I am due to get paid a month in advance and can't afford for payments to be delayed (times being as they are! :blush: )

thanks x

kindredspirits
01-09-2009, 11:34 AM
i would ask the parent what voucher company they are using - the two i am aware of are accor and busy bees - then register with that company before parent starts - it may take a few weeks to register you need to make it clear to parent that they will need to make payments TO YOU until you are registered.
busybees takes a week to go into my account so if i am due a payment on the 7th of the month i will ask for the voucher on the 1st so i've got time for it to process - when their voucher is late to me i ask them to pay me a weeks payment to cover the clearing period so i am not out of pocket.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-09-2009, 11:34 AM
You will need to see which voucher company is used and then it is usually set up with in 3 - 4 days

little chickee
01-09-2009, 12:05 PM
I am paid by 2 different voucher schemes - Sodexo and Leapfrog. I filled in the forms provided by the parents and the money goes directly into my bank account at the beginning of each month.

twiggy
01-09-2009, 02:24 PM
I have 2 parents who both use Sodexho. I have an account with them which is linked to my bank account. One parent gets Sodexho to pay an amount they state into my account the other gives me paper vouchers which I phone up to redeem, again these are paid into my bank account. It is really easy and just as quick as Bacs.