PDA

View Full Version : How do you do your contract for after schoolers?

Tippy Toes
31-08-2009, 07:09 PM
I have two set of parents who want me to have their little ones after school, but they are not sure what they want me to have them in school hols....

How would you do your contract? Do you just charge them for when they want you to have them?

Hopes this makes sense??

Thanks everyone :)

FizzysFriends
31-08-2009, 07:40 PM
I have parent like that so I tell them they can have term time only and book them in in the holidays if required but they will have to take the chance that I have space as I wont be holding any space for them over the holidays. If they want a definate space they have to pay for that space all through the holidays.

Rubybubbles
31-08-2009, 08:44 PM
I have parent like that so I tell them they can have term time only and book them in in the holidays if required but they will have to take the chance that I have space as I wont be holding any space for them over the holidays. If they want a definate space they have to pay for that space all through the holidays.

same here! means I have had not much work over the hols but it has been lovely:laughing:

Back to it all tomorrow:thumbsup:

FizzysFriends
31-08-2009, 08:47 PM
same here! means I have had not much work over the hols but it has been lovely:laughing:

Back to it all tomorrow:thumbsup:

Lucky you, I have lots of holiday only children.

essexgirl1967
31-08-2009, 09:10 PM
I did exactly the same but then found that most holidays the children didn't come to me, so now work term time only, got fed up putting my plans on hold, just 'in case' children decided to come, All parents were fine about it, and have increased my hourly rate by 50p an hour term time to cover my potential loss of earnings. Explained to the parents that all the other childminders charge a retainer fee for holidays, whereas I don't, so I would have to be 50p an hour more expensive to cover it. None of the children come more than 15 hours a week so it worked out a max of £7.50 a week increase per child, and they were all fine about it x

Tippy Toes
01-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I did exactly the same but then found that most holidays the children didn't come to me, so now work term time only, got fed up putting my plans on hold, just 'in case' children decided to come, All parents were fine about it, and have increased my hourly rate by 50p an hour term time to cover my potential loss of earnings. Explained to the parents that all the other childminders charge a retainer fee for holidays, whereas I don't, so I would have to be 50p an hour more expensive to cover it. None of the children come more than 15 hours a week so it worked out a max of £7.50 a week increase per child, and they were all fine about it x

Thanks for the reply. Very helpful x :)

emmadines
01-09-2009, 11:29 PM
I charge a 50% retainer fee, all parents seem fine with that. this 7 weeks has actually worked out what they would normally pay for their normal 4 weeks so if anything they are better off IUKWIM (2 weeks free)