PDA

View Full Version : is anyone doing funded spaces for 3 year olds

newandlearning
31-08-2009, 06:52 PM
hello.. I'm really sorry I know I've asked this before .. I'm just trying to figure out if doing funded care for my full timer is going to work well or just make me feel like I'm focusing more and more on this one LO..

I'm going to lose money doing this unless I come up with ideas for wrap around care.. I'm wondering the following>>

if You do funded spaces.. do you..

enjoy it?
spend a lot of time preparing for it?
offer wrap around care?
charge parents by each whole hour ie. if mindee starts at 8.30am do you charge?
from then or from 8am?

If there anything else you can tell me that would help me??

I'd really appreciate some help .. thanks a lot!xx

newandlearning
01-09-2009, 07:06 AM
hi everyone.. am just wondering.. as no-one seems to be actively doing funded spaces/education for 3 year olds at the moment.. if anyone would mind telling me if they considered this .. but then decided against it.. and why?

thanks a lotxx

The Juggler
01-09-2009, 07:12 AM
I was waiting for our network to be set up in the hope of offering the funded places. However, having seen the hourly rate the NEG offers I'm not so sure anymore. I don't know what ours will be yet but it seems very likely it'll be lower than my hourly rate.

I'm not losing money for even more paperwork!

margimum
01-09-2009, 07:29 AM
I'm considering offering this but (still) :angry: waiting for paperwork for accreditation from network.
I think it may be a bonus selling point for some parents, especially for areas where pre schools only take in September,
I will offer wrap around care at usual fee.
The amount of paperwork and supervision will depend on your network I think.