PDA

View Full Version : Been pimping my deck....

uf353432
31-08-2009, 05:21 PM
for the mindees, moving things around, changing the toys over, putting up different pictures and magnetic boards etc.

Reminds me of what they do in the zoo when they hide bits of food in the monkey cage and hang new toys for enrichment! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually really loving how its turning out to be honest its nice to put away some of the baby toys and bring out some older toys, the home corner is rapidly expanding and I even got the sewing machine out to make new bedding for the babies :blush:

Managed to find a pin board not really being used and printed out photo's of mindee's having fun. Just need to finish tidying away all the bits and then can finally take a photo for my website - the one I have on the website at the moment is from when we first built the deck and is not very inspiring visually - well not compared to now lol!

Quite like working from home - when I was bored at my desk job I would move my desk around - now I can pimp my deck :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sarah707
31-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Sounds great!

I've been moving things around today as well... mostly my children's rubbish! :rolleyes:

I'd love to see photos when it's all done :D

nannymcflea
31-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I can't wait to set up again...I'll have a whole room to myself to play with.:clapping:

Do show us some photos, I'd love some ideas.:D

TheBTeam
31-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Sounds great fun! I too really like moving things around and since we have had the fake grass I am setting up outside with a lot of the toys that i used to have indoors, (i still have my indoor versions, as wont let them outside, but not getting them out much!), I have a cooker and food, a castle, a pirate ship and a dolls house and stuff, to make outside more usable and widen the play area.

It is driving my dh nuts, but i like it!

uf353432
31-08-2009, 07:13 PM
We first planned our deck before I was going to become a childminder - had visions of it being a lovely place to eat breakfast and chill in the evening :laughing: :laughing: It is actually a bit like a kids heaven now - so not quite the original plan - but really good to shut the door on each night and the house stay relatively kiddy free :)

miffy
31-08-2009, 07:21 PM
I wondered what your thread title meant - I've never heard that expression before :blush: :blush:

Would love to see some pictures too!

Miffy xx

Monkey1
01-09-2009, 05:17 AM
Photos please!!!:thumbsup:

uf353432
01-09-2009, 06:59 AM
righty didn't finish till late last night - so took a photo this morning before I let my 2 loose on it - one thing is for sure it will never look like this again :laughing:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll153/uf353432/deck.gif

LittleMissSparkles
01-09-2009, 07:03 AM
righty didn't finish till late last night - so took a photo this morning before I let my 2 loose on it - one thing is for sure it will never look like this again :laughing:

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll153/uf353432/deck.gif

looks fab babe xxx :thumbsup:

miffy
01-09-2009, 07:04 AM
WOW!!!!!! That looks fantastic - pleeeeeeease can I come and play!

Miffy xx

uf353432
01-09-2009, 07:13 AM
As long as you promise to pack away all your toys after you finish playing with them :laughing: :laughing: :clapping:

mandy moo
01-09-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow lucky you, i really am envious..

sweets
01-09-2009, 12:08 PM
looks great wish i had a space like that. but i'm a bit confused, when you said deck i presumed it was outside, but it looks inside! lol. which is it?

uf353432
01-09-2009, 05:51 PM
Its outside - along the back of my house :)

PixiePetal
01-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Wow a whole inside .............outside :laughing: :thumbsup:

Fantastic:)

estrelas
01-09-2009, 06:11 PM
That looks just fabby, when we start getting some money I would just love an area like that

You are soooooo lucky x

Mouse
01-09-2009, 08:27 PM
So, is it open or closed in?

It looks fab & I'd love something like that!

nannymcflea
01-09-2009, 09:44 PM
WOW, thats cool...not fair, am jealous!;)

manjay
01-09-2009, 09:54 PM
DH is building me one of these at the moment. How do you manage to keep everything away from the elements? I can see it has a roof but doesn't your sofa get wet:rolleyes:

It's fabby by the way! Just showed hubby to spur him on:thumbsup:

uf353432
01-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Its open air, but for the grand cost of £8.70 I have weather proofed it with see through Ikea shower curtains which run around the edge on washing line. That keeps out the showers and cold wind, and when the weather is good we keep them drawn open to let in the fresh air. Next year we hope to make concertina doors with perspex to make a more sophisticated weather proofing. It is a good space though, the kids love it as they have instant access to the garden.

Monkey1
02-09-2009, 04:45 AM
It looks fab!:clapping: :clapping:

buildingblocks
02-09-2009, 07:25 PM
for the mindees, moving things around, changing the toys over, putting up different pictures and magnetic boards etc.

Reminds me of what they do in the zoo when they hide bits of food in the monkey cage and hang new toys for enrichment! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Actually really loving how its turning out to be honest its nice to put away some of the baby toys and bring out some older toys, the home corner is rapidly expanding and I even got the sewing machine out to make new bedding for the babies :blush:

Managed to find a pin board not really being used and printed out photo's of mindee's having fun. Just need to finish tidying away all the bits and then can finally take a photo for my website - the one I have on the website at the moment is from when we first built the deck and is not very inspiring visually - well not compared to now lol!

Quite like working from home - when I was bored at my desk job I would move my desk around - now I can pimp my deck :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

oh I can't wait to check it out and see what it looks like now