PDA

View Full Version : i start

Karenkiki
31-08-2009, 03:16 PM
childminding tommorrow, and i have so many questions, but will just start with a few!! do u have to do weekly planning? and do i include which groups we go to in that planning? sorry if i sound really thick! i dont feel like anything has been made clear to me! feel like im in the dark!!! any advice welcome!! x

sarah707
31-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Your weekly planning includes 3 elements...

1. Your daily routine

2. Your group planning - the things you are getting out each day for the group of children to enjoy

3. Individual planning - following each child's likes, dislikes, learning styles, interests etc.

To start with just get to know the children... relax and follow their leads. Find out who they are.

Then start thinking about how you can enhance their time with you - by using the best resource YOU and the toys, games etc.

Hth :D

Karenkiki
31-08-2009, 03:51 PM
thanks hun. im only having 1 mindee, and hes 7 mths, so its hard to know what activities to plan!!

sweets
31-08-2009, 04:01 PM
i personally wouldn't do any planning with a 7 month old.
His short term plans are just the next steps on the observations you do.
Mid term plans are just things like going to toddler groups on tues e.g. bit of messy play wed etc
Long term plans are a list of birthdays, festivals etc.

Bendy
31-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi sorry to butt in but the reply from Sweets has just got me thinking.

I'm looking after a 12 month old soon so when would you start doing proper planning?

I'm finding it hard to get my head around the EYFS and relating it to my 12 month old mindee.

Any advice would be appreciated. :confused: