PDA

View Full Version : Planning

sarahdobdob
31-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me? Im struggling with planning. Am i supposed to be planning for the individual child on a daily/weekly basis? I have been doing this for the last 3 months and it seems a lot of paperwork. As i have some children that only attend once a week.

Is there an easier way of doing this? I thought about doing a weekly plan for all children, but then plan for the individual if they really enjoy a certain thing?

Im ok with the observation side of things, but could anyone tell me about tracking and how often im supposed to be doing this?

Any help would be appreciated :)

sarah707
31-08-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum! I hope you are enjoying having a look around.

I plan for the group then individually around each child's interests and needs.

It's not a lot of paperwork if you keep it short - say what the child's individual planning is and why and how it meets the Eyfs eg.

John - blocks - to follow interests from last week making towers - PSR&N counting

Jane - dolls and blankets - enveloping schema - PSED caring

Does that help? :D

sarahdobdob
31-08-2009, 05:10 PM
thanks, im still a bit confused so i am doing the individual planning correctly then? Im using the EYFS planning template.

Still seems to be time consuming, also what if the child refers to the same interests over and over?

Also how do you track this? sorry to bombard you with all these question's, it just seems like im writing the same things.

Thanks