PDA

View Full Version : help for new childminders

salma
31-08-2009, 02:41 PM
hi i am a new childminder in grays how do i get help like a experienced childminder etc? also i have a 4 year old starting with me but is 5 years old in nov 09 and in full time school what do i have to do with her?

CherryBlossom
02-09-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi,

Did you do your training with your local authority when you registered?

They should have offered you help, and perhaps a mentor when you did the course?

mandy moo
02-09-2009, 12:35 PM
Yep I had a mentor, apart from the fact she lives over 12 miles away from me!! in Tring, she was great.

singlewiththree
02-09-2009, 12:40 PM
Hello

A 4 year old is classed as a 5yr old as they are at school BUT you will still need to do the EYFS until they finish reception. That means observations and planning. If you take a look through this site and links from this site there is lots of information that can help you.

rickysmiths
02-09-2009, 12:52 PM
If you live in Grays in Essex I'm not sure why your buddy is a Childminder from Tring in Hertfordshire? I would get in touch with your Development Worker and ask for a buddy cm who lives and works in your county for a start, they then may live closer and be able to offer more practical help.

Do you have a Childminding drop in group near where you could go and meet other cms? If you don't know then ring NCMA and they should be able to tell you. Or your local childrens centre may be able to put you in touch with other cms..

mandy moo
02-09-2009, 03:00 PM
If you live in Grays in Essex I'm not sure why your buddy is a Childminder from Tring in Hertfordshire? I would get in touch with your Development Worker and ask for a buddy cm who lives and works in your county for a start, they then may live closer and be able to offer more practical help.

Do you have a Childminding drop in group near where you could go and meet other cms? If you don't know then ring NCMA and they should be able to tell you. Or your local childrens centre may be able to put you in touch with other cms..

Ricky you feeling alright today? :D
Salma lives in Greys,
I live in Markyate, 12+ miles from Tring, still far enough in my opinion tho..lol

salma
05-09-2009, 03:18 PM
thanks all for your replys i have found the drop in centre which i should be going to.... i thought i wouldnt have to do the eyfs as she is in school full time.... what can i possibly do with her as i am providing her dinner and have to try and get her a 30min nap i only have her from 3-6