PDA

View Full Version : Claiming for trainers

Tatia
24-02-2008, 10:23 PM
I do a lot of walking during my day, all related to childminding. I walk to and from school and nursery 3 Xs a day. I literally wear holes through the bottoms of my trainers w/in a few months and I don't buy cheap ones. I've told my husband, who does my accounting, that I'm going to start claiming for them as a work expense cos if I weren't walking all over creation I'd be wearing cute little boots and heels and not ruining them. He thinks I'm being overly "creative" with the books but I think it's a legitimate expense.

What do you think? :laughing:

hello kitty
24-02-2008, 10:31 PM
My sister in law was a childminder and chairman of her local group and she went into this with her tax office and they agreed that trainers are a legitimate expense - so go for it.

Sarah :)

Blaze
24-02-2008, 10:31 PM
I agree with you if they are used for your childminding solely (excuse the pun)!
Tasha:)

Twinkles
24-02-2008, 10:33 PM
I agree you should go for it. Now I get very stressed due mainly to the parents, do you think I could claim for weekly massages??

sarah707
25-02-2008, 07:52 AM
Probably not Twinkles! :laughing:

I claim for 2 x work shirts a year, 2 x jeans and 2 x shoes... I buy them so I look smart at work, they're like a uniform aren't they :D

Tatia
25-02-2008, 07:56 AM
Yes, exactly! My trainers are my uniform. So much so that when I do put on a nice pair of boots when I collect the kids all the parents and teachers ask me why I'm so dressed up! :rolleyes:

Rubybubbles
25-02-2008, 10:57 AM
I put my walking shoes (north face thingy's) through last year! I would love to wear some nice shoes but not at all practical are they;)

elaineg
25-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Could I put a bottle of wine to be drank every Friday night through on expenses, do you think? I only need it when the children have gone home at the end of the week lol

love Elaine XXX

crazybones
25-02-2008, 12:10 PM
Could I put a bottle of wine to be drank every Friday night through on expenses, do you think? I only need it when the children have gone home at the end of the week lol

love Elaine XXX

God need mine every night :laughing:

Annie x

sandy
25-02-2008, 12:13 PM
I know a cm who puts weekly visits to a chiropractor through her books.

She says her bad back is due solely to childminding and has been claiming for years.

Go for it with the trainers I say

Just wondering ....... Do Jimmy Choo do trainers !!!

Sandy x :laughing:

deeb66
25-02-2008, 01:02 PM
Every year I claim for

Couple of pairs of jeans,
Couple pairs of jogging bottom/trousers,
5 t-shirts,
A couple of jumpers
1 pair sensible boots and a pair of trainers.

These are my work uniform as it is what I wear whenever I am looking after the kids.

Pipsqueak
25-02-2008, 01:07 PM
I was told that you cannot claim for clothing and footwear:( , might just do that, I have two pairs of jeans and a few other bits dedicated to work..... :idea:

How about paracetamol for the end of day headache, or the bubbles for the bath to relax and unwind and the bottle of wine....:D

LittleMissSparkles
25-02-2008, 01:39 PM
interesting I hadnt realised that you coukd claim for clothing shoes etc, will give it ago and treat myself to some new stuff this week when get paid xxx

deeb66
25-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Providing the clothes/shoes are only used for childminding you can claim them as work uniform/clothes!

Sarsar3NCH
25-02-2008, 02:47 PM
I claim for a few item of clothing and shoes each year, I don't really solely use them for work though but my theory is that my other clothes wouldn't get wrecked so quickly if I wasn't a childminder:huh: :huh:

Sarah

Sarsar3NCH
25-02-2008, 02:49 PM
I also claim for my chiropractor (once every 12 weeks) as my chiro said she would back me up with a letter saying that my back probs are down to carrying and lifting children etc.

Slightly (maybe very) creative but hey ;)

Sarah

Rubybubbles
25-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Providing the clothes/shoes are only used for childminding you can claim them as work uniform/clothes!

yeah in the NCMA booklet it states soley for childminding of course;)

ruby
25-02-2008, 06:26 PM
well you learn something new everyday on this forum so glad i joined

i have never claim for any clothing or trainers since i started childminding

we don't drive and walk everywhere

do you think we could be cheeky and back date it:laughing:

cathy

flora
25-02-2008, 08:48 PM

I claim for clothing both for cm and for the farm, both sets get mucky!!! I was once asked by a b****y nosey tax inpsector how I knew which clothes were which so that I " only ever wore the right ones!!!"
I told him that I wrote cm in the label of my jeans for childminding and as for the farmstuff if he couldn' see the stains from all sorts of unmentionable animal products then he ought to get his eyes checked. He conceeded this point and left me alone. :clapping:

Rach30
25-02-2008, 08:58 PM
OMG never thought about that ! claiming for jeans ! i've just gone thru the knees in two pairs of mine and i know its down to cm cos i mainly look after littlies and am always on my knees (begging for peace and quiet LOL :jump for joy: ) and i haven't gone thru jeans since my 2 were little . WHooo M&S here i come :laughing:

Tatia
26-02-2008, 09:38 AM
I've been toying with the idea of having t-shirts done with my logo on them to wear during the day or at least whilst on outings. I'd def claim for those.

Chiropractor, huh? I've been needing to visit and I'm sure my back issues have worsened from lugging litl'uns about, not to mention pushing a double buggy (with a 3rd mindee clinging to the back of it like a monkey!).

I'm aking over my tax forms as my husband seems to have no imagination at all! :jump for joy:

Rach30
26-02-2008, 10:13 AM
How about chiropodist too ? for those tired feet:)

mumtodaniel
26-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Hi, I have only just registered so not sure myself, but a childminder in my son's school, who uses an accountant for her tax claims.

She claims her trainers and also her waterproof coat, she has one of those all weather long coats, barbour type, which are not cheap, but as she says she is out in all weathers and needs it.

When it comes to it I too will claim as well.

Hope this helps.

Maureen

buildingblocks
03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
I am sure you can claim for one pair of shoes for work not sure if once a year or 6 months. Also can't remember where I got it from. Clothes you can't unless they have a logo on (I think)

Trouble
03-03-2008, 07:00 PM
i need a holiday solely because of parents do you think they will buy that?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cuddlybunny38
25-03-2008, 02:08 PM
We learn something each time on this site, I will now do this as well when i start minding.

brillminder
04-04-2008, 03:59 PM
i think uniform is ok

LittleMissSparkles
04-04-2008, 04:01 PM
I have just bought some trainers so will try it and see and put them through xxx

crazybones
04-04-2008, 04:30 PM
I have just bought some trainers so will try it and see and put them through xxx

I bought some today and I am going to put them through. These are my second pair in the last 6 months because I walk everywhere. Its not like I use them for anything else like :eek: jogging or:eek: :eek: the gym. :laughing: