PDA

View Full Version : Dont no what to do help

elainerut
31-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Hi all, just a bit of a pickle am minding two brothers one 9 other 12, have moved to area on polive protection any how mums gone out enjoying herself and left the boys with me till 7 tonite not that i mind but the oldest has come with sore throat and has gone down hill fast hence hes asleep at mo, tried contacting mum fone is switched off so sent a message but have no other contact numbers except for social worker who is unavailable what do i do he really needs to be a home please advise

plus have a pre childcare visit at 5.30 :( :( :(

singlewiththree
31-08-2009, 02:15 PM
How did it work out in the end?

sweets
31-08-2009, 02:20 PM
Hi if i were you i would just put the child upstairs and let him sleep it off. When mum does come then stress to her that you have done her a big favour by letting him stay and stress to her that she MUST be contactable all the time as its not fair on her children or you and yours.

haribo
31-08-2009, 02:22 PM
oh no -- any luck finding mum . if he gets worse id try an emergency social worker if there is one ?? or if necessary a doctor you shouldnt be in this position why is mums phone off :panic: hope its sorted esp as you have an appointment later :eek:

ORKSIE
31-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I take it you only have Mum and SS as contacts.

sarah707
31-08-2009, 03:22 PM
There will be a duty social worker somewhere you can turn to for advice.

I hope you sort it out xx

elainerut
31-08-2009, 06:53 PM
ended up ringing social services as had no option who sent the on call doctor out the poor lad has ended in hospital with spetic tonsillitis and chest infection and all mum has sed wen she came to pick the other one up is have they bin much trouble. Trouble she doesnt know the half of it :mad: i wouldnt have minded but it was how she spoke but hey ho, well i puting today down to experience and think ive handled things quite well considering i had my own two children 3 other mindees and 2 pre childcare visits.

Hope he gets well soon as he looked really poorly

Goatgirl
31-08-2009, 07:05 PM
Hi Elaine,
I think you handled the situation really well, but poor you, it can't have been a very nice day for anyone. Hope the pre- childcare visits went off ok..
bws,
wendy :)

sweets
31-08-2009, 07:07 PM
oh no poor you and poor boy having a mother like that!
you did the right thing, hope he gets well soon.

miffy
31-08-2009, 07:13 PM
Oh blimey, I think you handled everything really well but mum shouldn't have put you in that position - the poor lad must have had some signs/symptoms before today! Hope he's better soon

How did your other visits go?

Miffy xx

elainerut
01-09-2009, 05:03 PM
Oh blimey, I think you handled everything really well but mum shouldn't have put you in that position - the poor lad must have had some signs/symptoms before today! Hope he's better soon

How did your other visits go?

Miffy xx

visits went great thats another two booked:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Toothfairy
01-09-2009, 05:31 PM
Well done you on handling it so well.
Congratulations on your new Mindees too!

Put your feet up now and have a glass of wine, you deserve it :thumbsup:

haribo
01-09-2009, 07:56 PM
well done on handling that one :panic: and congratulations on signing the others too :clapping: