PDA

View Full Version : Development records for over 5's?!?!?!

hollybritten
31-08-2009, 11:23 AM
Does anyone do these as in observations and planning for over 5's, if you do, what do you do?!

Thanks

sarah707
31-08-2009, 11:26 AM
It is not our responsibility to plot children's development for when they have left reception class at school.

However you will be expected to be aware of any conditions etc that might affect their development and support them alongside any other professionals who work with them.

Hth :D

hollybritten
31-08-2009, 11:29 AM
So let me get this right, they are still under the EYFS until they start year 1 at school, so basically birth to reception?

rickysmiths
31-08-2009, 11:40 AM
Thats right birth to 31st August after their 5th birthday which takes them to the end of Reception.

I do think is daft though that we have to carry on EYFS for them when they have had their Profile done by school in July. What is the point of us carrying on through July?

sarah707
31-08-2009, 12:00 PM
I do think is daft though that we have to carry on EYFS for them when they have had their Profile done by school in July. What is the point of us carrying on through July?

I totally agree! :D

It's just another one of those anomalies that wasn't properly discussed before they rushed the Eyfs out :rolleyes:

I had a reception age child return to me at the beginning of the summer after 9 months at home (for mum's maternity leave). I decided that as her profile had already been completed at school and I had given mum a learning journey for her when she'd been with me previously, I wasn't going to do any more paperwork.

This is wrong I know - if I was following the Eyfs absolutely, then I should have started a learning journey for her.

But I figured that, at the end of the day, as she's only been here 6 full days over the summer holidays... what exactly could I have put together that school and mum don't already know? :rolleyes:

hollybritten
31-08-2009, 12:11 PM
But do you do a scrap book for every child with photos and work ect?

sarah707
31-08-2009, 03:39 PM
But do you do a scrap book for every child with photos and work ect?

Every child has a scrap book yes.

The older children do their own, I just help with getting the photos developed :D