PDA

View Full Version : dippy moment

mushpea
31-08-2009, 09:50 AM
ok havin a really dippy moment, have a 9month old boy starting wednesday, dug out the double buggy and the high chair, but cant think what toys to bring down, all the littlys have sort of grown out of baby toys so put them up but cant think what 9months old play with?? or what their supposed to play with caus i am sure my ornaments and other stuff will be in for a beating again lol:laughing:

sarah707
31-08-2009, 10:31 AM
:laughing:

Do you have a treasure basket?

What about toys to hit, throw, crawl on, mirrors, baby books...

By 9 months he'll be starting to think about moving so provide resources to encourage exploration as well.

don't be surprised if the older ones suddenly want to play with the baby toys they haven't seen for years -it's perfectly normal.

Enjoy! :D

breezy
31-08-2009, 10:36 AM
I look after 11 month old and since he's been on the move ( crawling and cruising furniture) all he wants to do is move about. He loves toys he can bang and make noise with and action/reaction type things. He also loves exploring textures and noises, smells and food!!!!!!!!! he also has the attention span of a gnat cos he's so busy exploring!

mushpea
31-08-2009, 10:49 AM
hm this is gonna be fun, sort of forgot what they are like at that age, he is crawling and puling himself up already, i also have a22month old, 2yrold, 3yrold, 5yrold 6yrold 8ryold and 10yrold, they dont all come the same days but will have up to 7 of them and the day he starts its only the 2yrold that wont be there ,aaaaaaaagggggggggghhhhhhhhh wat have i let myself in for :panic:

ok deep breath

now what do you put in your treasure baskets??

we are doing music and movemnt next week so gonna make lots of musical instuments etc so that should appeal.

grindal
31-08-2009, 11:17 AM
Hi
My treasure basket has lots of bits of assorted "junk" in it. It has a bit of a wooden theme, with a couple of wooden boxes with lids that can be taken on and off, some fir cones, a wooden scrubbing brush, a wooden hair brush, a wooden spoon, some lids with pictures of mindees and their mums and dads sellotaped onto them, corks, boxes, kitchen roll tubes, a pestle and mortar - just a whole load of bits and bobs they can touch, feel and explore. As things develop you can make themed baskets, or different coloured baskets and someone on here once suggested a treasure basket using socks (which is what I do with all my odd socks at the moment!)

mushpea
31-08-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi
My treasure basket has lots of bits of assorted "junk" in it. It has a bit of a wooden theme, with a couple of wooden boxes with lids that can be taken on and off, some fir cones, a wooden scrubbing brush, a wooden hair brush, a wooden spoon, some lids with pictures of mindees and their mums and dads sellotaped onto them, corks, boxes, kitchen roll tubes, a pestle and mortar - just a whole load of bits and bobs they can touch, feel and explore. As things develop you can make themed baskets, or different coloured baskets and someone on here once suggested a treasure basket using socks (which is what I do with all my odd socks at the moment!)

oh one of those boxes, see being really dippy today:blush: yes i got one of those, got some samples of astro turf casue we were gonna get it so its got them in there with some boxes and tubes and other bits , got it out for the others but they sort of looked at it then at me with a puzzled look and then went to the toy cuboard and then got the toys out:laughing: