PDA

View Full Version : Writing to Ofsted

Adiamond
30-08-2009, 08:17 PM
I am about to take on a 4 year old who is in full time education so will be classed as a rising 5, Ofsted said I need to write in to them to have rising 5's put onto my certificate.
I am just wondering exactly what they want me to write in this letter????
Any ideas anyone??? Please x x x

misst104
30-08-2009, 08:20 PM
I didn't want to read and run but I don't really know the answer I'm afraid. I will be interested to hear what to put and I am wondering of I too need to contact them as my ds1 is starting full time school this time which frees up a place??

xxx jo

Adiamond
30-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Thanks Jo, when i rang them to enquire about the 4 year old they just said he would be classed in my 5-8's and I just need to write in to have it put on my certificate :huh: x x x

misst104
30-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I will give them a call maybe and see what they say!

Thanks

xxx

kellym3
30-08-2009, 09:21 PM
I wrote to ofsted when my dd was starting school last year she turned 4 end august(5 this year) my ds also turned 1 in aug last year so i could have an under 1. i just explaned that dd was in ft ed and classed as a foating 5 gave d.o.b said that it would change my numbers so i could have 2 u5 ect and added in the letter that ds had also turned1 so i could have 1 under12 months in my under5. just give the details that thay already knew thay need it in writing do not have to be an essay.:). when my new certificate came it said that i could have 2 under5 only 1 under1(this helped me because befor i could only hav 1 under 3 and no under 1)

FussyElmo
31-08-2009, 07:20 AM
Thought you only had to inform them about your own children ages changing....unless it changed because surely they will be inudated (sp) with people needing new certificates if we have to write in about our mindees who can change very quickly.

Adiamond
31-08-2009, 07:27 AM
Thought you only had to inform them about your own children ages changing....unless it changed because surely they will be inudated (sp) with people needing new certificates if we have to write in about our mindees who can change very quickly.

Mmmm never thought of that !!!!!
I am going to ring them and see if someone different tells me I don't need to or exactly what they want me to write....
Thank you x x x

miffy
31-08-2009, 07:44 AM

I agree!

I bet if you ring them again you'll get a different answer :rolleyes:

Miffy xx

kellym3
01-09-2009, 12:05 PM
:blush: yes forgot that was my children i had 2 do it for:blush:

Adiamond
01-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Well I rang Ofsted and they said that I do have to write in BUT I can do it through email as no signature is required :clapping:
I asked why I needed to do this and she said they will need to add/change the conditions of registration on my certificate!!!
We will see what it says when I receive my new certificate!!!!! x x x

TheBTeam
01-09-2009, 06:33 PM
I have had lots of rising 5 incidents and lots of inpection and inspector visits regarding my assistant/registering husband and changing numbers in general, with rising 5's and they have never ever said it needs to be shown on my certificate, they said it would be known by the age and circumstances of the child that they were a rising 5 and what was the point in making a short term change to the certificate.

jaja
02-09-2009, 09:49 AM
I rang ofsted up a couple of weeks ago for mine to be altered, i asked them to change it for my dd starting school and my son hitting 8 in december, dont know what they will do, alter both or just one... I printed off there letter and posted it... I am inundating (sp?) them with requests as i am trying to get my husband registered in his ownj right as an assistant to help out after school....

Sent mine off last thursday, not sure how long it takes though....any ideas??

xxxxx