PDA

View Full Version : swine flu

haribo
30-08-2009, 06:04 PM
hi just wondered if anyone has had swine flu yet . i have all the symptoms and am not due to work till thursday. dont know whether to phone and warn parents now or see how i am wednesday night. could really do with the money as have just been off for my hols with no pay ,, what would you all do ? thought was just bad cold but now got high temp and ache all over .. not actually really needed either as mum is off on mat leave. any advice would be great x p.s dont mean id work while knowingly infectious but if i was fine by thursday could i work ...

sarah707
30-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I'd give NHS direct a call and tell them the symptoms.

Then follow their advice ...

Armed with that info, I'd decide whether to warn parents you might be off.

Feel better soon xx

Mollymop
30-08-2009, 06:16 PM
We were speaking last night on Facebook, I remember, though I did have a few barcardis for you!! haa. I thought you sounded like you had swine flu..... i have had seasonal flu once in my life and it is horrid, couldn't sleep, I ached all over and really couldn't do anything. So that is what made me ask if you had flu.

It does sound as if you have flu of some sort, so I would give the parents a ring tomorrow and if you are still not feeling well cancel them for the Tues. If betterish Tues work Wed if they are fine with it.
DOn't make yourself worse by working cos you need the money sweetie x

P/s - I know what you mean about taking things and I agree I wouldn't either.

Hope you are ok soon .

(((HUGS)))

haribo
30-08-2009, 06:43 PM
thanks girls ,, just been on the website which says if its swine flu you are infectious for 5 days after symptoms began ,, (in my case was friday night / sat morning) and if no symptoms can go back to work after that . sounds daft but not got the energy to phone yet :blush: so will see how i go on this week . haha mollymop i knew you were the one to delegate that to hope you enjoyed them :laughing: ive had flu once before when dd was 6 months old and well remember how helpless i was , this is similar but even worse i should sleep but cant so going very slowly on this even though eyes are very blurry now :eek: thanks for the advice xx

Mollymop
30-08-2009, 08:10 PM
Flu is really horrible, the worst thing I found was not being able to sleep because of the aches and pains. Is Ibuprofen making it better at night??

One thing that annoyes me about Flu is when people say "I got the flu" - and really they have a bad cold... I am not hard enough to say ..." you have a COLD not the FLU, if you had that you will not be walking the streets, you wouldn't be able to get out of bed!!"

Get well soon xxx

The Juggler
31-08-2009, 08:51 AM
I was ill this week. My 1st day off for 4 years, it was awful! It was definiately flu - I couldn't move I just slept all day but did feel well enough to get up the next day though still a bit achy. Don't think it could have been swine flu as it was too quick but definiately flu.

The kids both had it too and i would have thought it was swine flu except dd had had that 4 weeks before and was sooo ill, crying for days. This time still not good but different. Maybe there is another summer flu doing the rounds too.

I Hope it isn't SF and hope you are feeling better soon but it is hard to tell as symptoms are all so similar.

LOL

ps the main factor in friends etc who seem to have had flu is that the meds don't touch the fever or the aches and pains and headache - hardly any impact at all.

Trouble
31-08-2009, 08:53 AM
i would take a couple of days off at least to give yourself time to recover:D