PDA

View Full Version : would any one know if a can have a voulantry

gailee
30-08-2009, 04:43 PM
Hi does any one know if a can take on a voulantry helper assistant !!! fill the forms and get crb done but not pay them would this be allowed???? If i can find someone to do it of course!! thanks Gail

sarah707
30-08-2009, 04:58 PM
So long as you have CRB and first aid courses in place and Ofsted are happy, the money is between you and them :D

gailee
30-08-2009, 05:08 PM
Hi sarah so theres no problem with me taking on someone then??? as long as a inform ofsted!

sarah707
30-08-2009, 05:20 PM
Hi sarah so theres no problem with me taking on someone then??? as long as a inform ofsted!

So long as all the necessary stuff is in place first, as I said it's up to the 2 of you how you are paid.

I assume you have you checked out the restrictions on what assistants can and cannot do first :D

gailee
30-08-2009, 05:31 PM
I think so ? they can't be left without ofsted say so and parental permission and does the assistant have to do the first aid course first or as long as there on a waiting list to do one? do you need to have a PL insurance extra person or would i not need it as i'm not "offical employing her" ?? thanks for answering my questions

sarah707
30-08-2009, 06:01 PM
Just because you are not paying her does not mean she is not 'employed'.

The payment is a private matter between the 2 of you.

The rest - CRB, adding to certificate, being insured, doing first aid - is all a necessary part of her being an assistant to a childminder.

I suggest you check with Ofsted about when she needs first aid - I'd get it in writing -

enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk

Hth :D

loocyloo
31-08-2009, 07:52 AM
i was told my assistant needed first aid if she was going to be left alone with any children.

so my regualr asistant IS first aid trained, however, my mum is also registered as my assistant ( to help out when my regular assistant can't!) and as the only children i will leave her with is my own, she isn't first aid trained!

( and neither do i pay her !!! ;) )