PDA

View Full Version : Help!

mississmoomoo
30-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I have got my first mindee coming on Wednesday for their first day and Im still a little unclear about a few things.:panic:

should I start my observations immediatley? or do I let them settle in first?

I have started working on my year planner of activities for every month, and found some of your threads really helpful. :clapping:

The lo I am looking after is 2 yrs old so not sure what would be best as far as activities and planning are concerned.

I was planning on completeting an obs sheet for the 6 learning areas once a week per child, does this sound about right?

many thanks:D

sarah707
30-08-2009, 03:10 PM
I have got my first mindee coming on Wednesday for their first day and Im still a little unclear about a few things.:panic:

should I start my observations immediatley? or do I let them settle in first?

Your obs start before the child starts - when you are asking parents for information about them and finding out what they enjoy doing at home.

Then follow that up with a series of brief starting points obs where you just watch and listen and see what the child wants to do / how much input they need / what resources they ignore or don't know how to use / what they say / how they play with other children etc etc...

I have started working on my year planner of activities for every month, and found some of your threads really helpful. :clapping:

That will be really useful when the child is getting towards age 3 and needing some extra stimulation and ideas for play. Until then focus on child-led play and enhancing that.

The lo I am looking after is 2 yrs old so not sure what would be best as far as activities and planning are concerned.

Things the child understands - birthdays, family religious festivals with appropriate activities, cooking, helping you around the house, playing in the tent, chalking on the patio, outings etc... Normal child friendly activities.

I was planning on completeting an obs sheet for the 6 learning areas once a week per child, does this sound about right?

Sounds a lot to me! Remembering I have part timers, I aim to complete something for each area of l & d once a month.

You have a year to watch a child move through an age range of the Eyfs - don't try to do it all in a couple of weeks!!

many thanks:D

Hope this helps! :D

mississmoomoo
31-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks Sarah, thats really helpful:thumbsup:
Im really looking forward to my first day, they came this morning for an hour to get used to coming and Im really looking forward to starting.:happy banana: